🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract is on hold and negative feedback
Page options
teberzin
Community Member

Contract is on hold and negative feedback

I get this mail from Upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
What does it mean? And also here is the problem: After this mail, the client immediately closed the contract and left negative feedback to me. What is the point of it?

(I remove the name of the client on the text for privacy )

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Baha, I have no idea what exactly happened (you shouldn't copy-paste messages or post screenshots of messages here as Goran kindly pointed out, they will be cut off) but I feel sorry for you having an incident like this. It (maybe!) sounds like the client overreacted to some feature of the platform and the whole mess is totally not your fault if that is the case.

Don't worry, move on.

But, as I see your work history that has some incidents and detailed responses that you should not write in the first place, I suspect the root cause is that you work with clients who don't have big important things to do and can spare something like $10-50 per project only.

The biggest risk lies in working with those kinds of clients and the only way out that fixes this issue is not to work for them. Level up your business as soon as you can, since clearly you are very good at what you do.

Try to define a more profitable niche within video editing that would attract clients without more money. Something very specific.

Them, could you try setting your minimum to $100?

If that works out, $300 maybe? Then $500.

Once you manage to attract better clients, most of the problems you keep facing will simply vanish because each client won't care about some $50 here or there.

Of course, your value proposition must match the price tag at that stage.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Baha,

The contract was placed on hold due to a problem on your client's end. I would recommend to continue communicating with your client regarding your contract and your pending tasks. Once the problem is resolved, they will be able to rehire you as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Looks like the problem is resolved but the client left negative feedback to me he ended the contract and no longer using Upwork. I tried to contact him but couldn't find him. It's super weird.

Baha, I have no idea what exactly happened (you shouldn't copy-paste messages or post screenshots of messages here as Goran kindly pointed out, they will be cut off) but I feel sorry for you having an incident like this. It (maybe!) sounds like the client overreacted to some feature of the platform and the whole mess is totally not your fault if that is the case.

Don't worry, move on.

But, as I see your work history that has some incidents and detailed responses that you should not write in the first place, I suspect the root cause is that you work with clients who don't have big important things to do and can spare something like $10-50 per project only.

The biggest risk lies in working with those kinds of clients and the only way out that fixes this issue is not to work for them. Level up your business as soon as you can, since clearly you are very good at what you do.

Try to define a more profitable niche within video editing that would attract clients without more money. Something very specific.

Them, could you try setting your minimum to $100?

If that works out, $300 maybe? Then $500.

Once you manage to attract better clients, most of the problems you keep facing will simply vanish because each client won't care about some $50 here or there.

Of course, your value proposition must match the price tag at that stage.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Baha,

Please be mindful of our  Community Guidelines when you're posting in our Community. Posting private details in our Community is in violation of our Community Guidelines. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths