🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract is suspended or On Hold. How Do ...
Page options
varun_0809
Community Member

Contract is suspended or On Hold. How Do I resolve this issue?

Hi Community Gurus,
I am a freelancer working on Upwork from last year(July 2018) as a video editor and animator. I have been working with a client from the past 5 months(April 2019) and have no issues whatsoever related to payment or anything. But recently received an email from upwork.

**Edited for community guidelines**

After that, I contact the client related to this issue. He said his Credit Card got compromised and thereafter he updated the Payment method by adding the CC details, Then I tried adding manual hours on the contract but unable to add the hours due to this issue I think. I got the message saying "Company is suspended".

**Edited for community guidelines**

As you have read the issue I am facing,  Kindly answer the following questions:
1. How much time it will take to resolve this issue?
2. Do I need to contact the client regarding this issue, If YES What should I tell him to do on his end?

Note: Please let me know if you want to know anything else.

Regards 
Varun V.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Varun,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract.

Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

I've also followed up with our team to reach out to your Client and assist them directly with their account status!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Contract is suspended or On Hold. How Do I resolve this issue?"

You don't.
The client resolves this issue.

re: "How much time it will take to resolve this issue?"

In my own personal experience: Sometimes it takes an hour or two. Sometimes a few days. Sometimes longer. Sometimes it is never resolved and the freelancer never works on the contract again.

re: "2. Do I need to contact the client regarding this issue?"

No

You do NOT need to contact the client.
But there is no prohibition against you contacting the client.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Varun,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract.

Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

I've also followed up with our team to reach out to your Client and assist them directly with their account status!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much for your assistance. The issue is resolved from the client's end. Smiley Happy

Hi Bojan & other contributors,

Thank you for this post!

Answers the questions I came on the forum to solve.

Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths