🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract mysteriously suspended?
Page options
calebmwangi
Community Member

Contract mysteriously suspended?

Hey Upwork,,

I was working just fine, tracking my hours as usual then suddenly I get a notification that I cant track hours no more my contract has been put on hold, not by the client. Then it says further that I will be notified when the problem is solved. Am wondering what problem is this? And why? When I can I start working again?  

This is urgent as am in the middle of doing something time sensitive for the client. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Caleb M wrote:

Am wondering what problem is this? And why?

Usually it is an issue with the client's payment method. Essentially, when it happens on a Friday morning, it means the client failed to pay for last week's hours on Monday.

Caleb M wrote:

When I can I start working again?  

As soon as the client has paid what they owe Upwork.

Caleb M wrote:

This is urgent as am in the middle of doing something time sensitive for the client. 

Well, then the client should be very motivated to sort it out... You want to also make sure that all tracked hours are strictly complying with Upwork's hourly protection (tracked with the tracker, have meaningful work memos which clearly describe what you are working on and good activity levels) just in case the client doesn't fix the issue.

Most of the time the client just pays up and all is well. Sometimes, however, they don't.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Caleb M wrote:

Am wondering what problem is this? And why?

Usually it is an issue with the client's payment method. Essentially, when it happens on a Friday morning, it means the client failed to pay for last week's hours on Monday.

Caleb M wrote:

When I can I start working again?  

As soon as the client has paid what they owe Upwork.

Caleb M wrote:

Well, then the client should be very motivated to sort it out... You want to also make sure that all tracked hours are strictly complying with Upwork's hourly protection (tracked with the tracker, have meaningful work memos which clearly describe what you are working on and good activity levels) just in case the client doesn't fix the issue.

Most of the time the client just pays up and all is well. Sometimes, however, they don't.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members