🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract name change
Page options
younisahmed83
Community Member

Contract name change

Is it okay to set a contract name that is different from the job itself?

For instance, I'm a translator, been also working on Music Production with a repeat client here.

Is is okay if I ask my client to set the contract name as "Arabic Translation" for example, where it's not a translation project? (It's a music production project or other type of projects).

The goal is to have a series of feedback and reviews to translation projects, is that against Upwork's terms of use?

Please I need an expert's advice!

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
ahmedelshenawy
Community Member

it depend on the client 

some one will accept that and do it for you but others (majority) can refuse and may flag you as inappropriate and this will be bad for you 

my advice is to make another specialized profile with the skills you have so you will have two feedback for two different skills 

My client is okay with this, my question is that is it okay with Upwork's
terms of use?

Ahmed Y wrote:
My client is okay with this, my question is that is it okay with Upwork's
terms of use?

Let's see. You are asking if it is OK for you to ask your client to lie and for you to build a fake profile by falsely naming a contract something it isn't with the purpose of deceiving future clients?

Think about it for a minute... Does that sound OK to you?

Ahmed Y wrote:
Is is okay if I ask my client to set the contract name as "Arabic Translation" for example, where it's not a translation project? (It's a music production project or other type of projects).

Ahmed Y: Upwork is not the right platform for you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths