Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract on Hold

fahadullahkhan
Fahad U Member Since: Dec 9, 2017
1 of 14

Hello,

I recently started my hourly job with client on hourly basis, i almost worked for 25 Hrs last weak, which was Max limit of my weakly hours, i use upwork dekstop time tracker, Memos notes, 90 percent of my meaningful work memos are 100 percent green, After completing my first weak on monday i got notifcation from upwork, that your contract is on hold, i text my client 3 time but he is unresponsive from 3 days, will i get be paid for my weakly work as per Upwork Hourly protection policy.

Thanks.

joynul33
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 14

Hi Fahad,

Probably, the problem is with the client and his billing method. Please stop working for the client until Upwork confirms to solve the issue. You will get your payment don't worry.

Thanks!

Joynul

View solution in original post

fahadullahkhan
3 of 14

Thanks, Joynul Abedin.

For your Quick response.

Regards

Fahad

joynul33
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
4 of 14

You are always welcome!

Joynul
jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
5 of 14

Joynul A wrote:

Hi Fahad,

Probably, the problem is with the client and his billing method. Please stop working for the client until Upwork confirms to solve the issue. You will get your payment don't worry.

Thanks!

Not true unless you want to pay the OP.
There are more criterias. One that many people seem to forget about is "Work with a client with a verified billing method"

fahadullahkhan
6 of 14

hello, jennifer R,

I read all the criteria of hourly protection, and my client has also verifying billing method.you can check in below attached .

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
7 of 14

Jennifer,

The poster says he used TimeTracker correctly.

Is it possible to use TimeTracker for the project of a client whose payment method is not yet verified by Upwork? 

jr-translation
Community Guru
8 of 14

Will L wrote:

Jennifer,

The poster says he used TimeTracker correctly.

Is it possible to use TimeTracker for the project of a client whose payment method is not yet verified by Upwork? 

Sure, why not? A client can add and change the payment method at any time. But using the Upwork Desktop App is not the only requirement for payment protection.  

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
9 of 14

Why not?

Because, in my experience, Upwork notifies a freelancer when there is a problem with a client's payment method and no time can be tracked using TimeTracker until the problem is resolved.

So, it doesn't make sense that Upwork would allow a freelancer to book time working on a new project when the client's payment method is not yet verified.

But that's not to say it isn't possible.

Can a moderator please give us clarity on this?

jr-translation
Community Guru
10 of 14

Will L wrote:

Why not?

Because, in my experience, Upwork notifies a freelancer when there is a problem with a client's payment method and no time can be tracked using TimeTracker until the problem is resolved.

So, it doesn't make sense that Upwork would allow a freelancer to book time working on a new project when the client's payment method is not yet verified.

But that's not to say it isn't possible.

Can a moderator please give us clarity on this?

It is the same as allowing freelancers to work on a partially funded milestone.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS