🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on Hold
Page options
fahadullahkhan
Community Member

Contract on Hold

Hello,

I recently started my hourly job with client on hourly basis, i almost worked for 25 Hrs last weak, which was Max limit of my weakly hours, i use upwork dekstop time tracker, Memos notes, 90 percent of my meaningful work memos are 100 percent green, After completing my first weak on monday i got notifcation from upwork, that your contract is on hold, i text my client 3 time but he is unresponsive from 3 days, will i get be paid for my weakly work as per Upwork Hourly protection policy.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joynul33
Community Member

Hi Fahad,

Probably, the problem is with the client and his billing method. Please stop working for the client until Upwork confirms to solve the issue. You will get your payment don't worry.

Thanks!

Joynul

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
joynul33
Community Member

Hi Fahad,

Probably, the problem is with the client and his billing method. Please stop working for the client until Upwork confirms to solve the issue. You will get your payment don't worry.

Thanks!

Joynul

Thanks, Joynul Abedin.

For your Quick response.

Regards

Fahad

You are always welcome!

Joynul

Joynul A wrote:

Hi Fahad,

Thanks!

Not true unless you want to pay the OP.
There are more criterias. One that many people seem to forget about is "Work with a client with a verified billing method"

hello, jennifer R,

I read all the criteria of hourly protection, and my client has also verifying billing method.you can check in below attached .

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Jennifer,

The poster says he used TimeTracker correctly.

Is it possible to use TimeTracker for the project of a client whose payment method is not yet verified by Upwork? 

Will L wrote:

Jennifer,

The poster says he used TimeTracker correctly.

Is it possible to use TimeTracker for the project of a client whose payment method is not yet verified by Upwork? 

Sure, why not? A client can add and change the payment method at any time. But using the Upwork Desktop App is not the only requirement for payment protection.  

Why not?

Because, in my experience, Upwork notifies a freelancer when there is a problem with a client's payment method and no time can be tracked using TimeTracker until the problem is resolved.

So, it doesn't make sense that Upwork would allow a freelancer to book time working on a new project when the client's payment method is not yet verified.

But that's not to say it isn't possible.

Can a moderator please give us clarity on this?

Will L wrote:

Why not?

Because, in my experience, Upwork notifies a freelancer when there is a problem with a client's payment method and no time can be tracked using TimeTracker until the problem is resolved.

So, it doesn't make sense that Upwork would allow a freelancer to book time working on a new project when the client's payment method is not yet verified.

But that's not to say it isn't possible.

Can a moderator please give us clarity on this?

It is the same as allowing freelancers to work on a partially funded milestone.

Hi Will and others,

It's not possible to log time on a contract that's been put on hold like in Fahad's case.

It is possible to log time on an active hourly contract where client's payment method hasn't been verified and the freelancer can do that at their own discretion. However, those hours will not quality for Upwork Hourly Protection.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for the clarification, Valeria.

I don't begin work for clients whose payment method has not been verified by Upwork, so I have never even considered using TimeTracker in that situation.

But if there is no warning that pops up to tell a freelancer that a client's payment method has not been verified so any time the freelancer tracks on a project using TimeTracker will not qualify for payment protection, there should be.

Will L wrote:

Thank you for the clarification, Valeria.

I don't begin work for clients whose payment method has not been verified by Upwork, so I have never even considered using TimeTracker in that situation.

But if there is no warning that pops up to tell a freelancer that a client's payment method has not been verified so any time the freelancer tracks on a project using TimeTracker will not qualify for payment protection, there should be.

The OP claims the client's payment method has been verfied and then the status changed, probably when Upwork was unable to charge the client for last weeks work.

As a freelancer you can check if the client's payment method is verified before accepting an offer and the contract is put on hold if the client's payment method becomes unverified. What else do you want? It really only matters to use the tracker correctly to be covered for the week the client failed the pay.

The Upwork Desktop App has nothing to do with a verified payment method.

Valeria,

Just to clarify...

TimeTracker will not notify the freelancer the first time the freelancer tracks time on a new project when the client's payment method has not been verified by Upwork.

But if the freelancer signs off on the initial use of TimeTracker and then subsequently tries to use TimeTracker again on the same project, TimeTracker will notify the freelancer that the client's paymet method has not been verified, if that is still the case?

Thanks in advance.

Will

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths