🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on Hold
Page options
88a72780
Community Member

Contract on Hold

Hey, I landed my first job and shortly I received an email from Upwork that one of my contracts (ID # 26995387) has been placed on hold and to wait to hear from them. The client says the issue has been dealt with days ago and is impatient for me to do more work. Can I go back to work? How long should I wait? Who and/or how do I contact about this given the email was from a 'donotreply' account?

Thanks.

My email: **Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Tell your client you cannot log more hours on this contract until Upwork allows you to.

And don't work on this contract until TimeTracker allows you to track your work time.

In my limited experience, and based on other posters' comments on the subject here, I'd guess the reason for the hold was a problem Upwork discovered with your client's payment method. You don't need to mention that to your client, but (s)he has to work it out with Upwork; it's not something you can play a role in resolving.

Thanks alot. I'll update my post when anything new comes up.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

While we can’t share any details, please ask your client to follow up with our team on the notification they received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract.

Please wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before resuming the work on the contract.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
88a72780
Community Member

Thank you Bojan!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members