🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on hold! Client not responding
Page options
nonieshz
Community Member

Contract on hold! Client not responding

I was working on a contract. As soon as, I delivered the final work for review, my contract was suspended. I got a mail from Upwork regarding the suspension and my client is also unresponsive. Anyone can help me in finding the answer?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noreen,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. I can see that our team reached out to the Client in order to help them with the issue with their account and your contract status. I will also follow up with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly with more information. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients are not required to respond to freelancers.

Was this a fixed-price or hourly contract?

Fixed price!

It was mentioned on the Upwork site that contacts the client as soon as possible regarding suspension and if he or she is not responding then contact upwork customer support.

If I received a message saying that my fixed-price contract was on hold, I would be worried ONLY if there was any money in escrow that had not yet been released to me.

If I received such a message, and if I was finished with the task, then I would use the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

I'm not sure I would get paid.

But it's not going to hurt me to try using the button.

If I was still in the middle of working on the current milestone, I definitely would STOP working on it.

I do NOT work on a suspended contract whether it is hourly or fixed-price.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noreen,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. I can see that our team reached out to the Client in order to help them with the issue with their account and your contract status. I will also follow up with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly with more information. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nonieshz
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan! Much appreciated 

Best Regards.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members