🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract on hold. Issues with russian pay...
Page options
bill_lp_james
Community Member

Contract on hold. Issues with russian paypal.

My client is from Russia and is claiming that he cant pay me because Upwork does not support Russian PayPal, Is this true? He has also suggested to pay me directly through PayPal.

The contract is currently on hold as of yesterday morning.

What do you advise that I do?

7 REPLIES 7
yitwail
Community Member

William, whether his explanation is true or not, stop working for this client while the contract is on hold. Explain to the client that Upwork regulations prohibit working on a contract on hold or accepting direct payment through PayPal. If it’s an hourly contract and you used time tracker properly, you’ll get paid up to the point when the contract was placed on hold.

re: "What do you advise that I do?"

I advise you to remember that freelancers who discuss getting paid outside of the platform can have their accounts suspended.

It is okay to ask us questions about this topic in the Forum. But when it comes to payment outside of the platform: Don't do it. Don't agree to do it. And don't discuss it with clients.

Thanks for that advice.

It seems that this forum post sparked an investigation into the contract.

I understand that the hours that I have worked for which I haven't been paid are protected by Upwork. Does this happen automatically or do I need to make a claim for the payment?

How long does this process normally take?

William J wrote:

I understand that the hours that I have worked for which I haven't been paid are protected by Upwork. Does this happen automatically or do I need to make a claim for the payment?

Were they tracked with the tracker, did they have meaningful work-memos which clearly described the work you did and good activity levels? Was the client's payment method verified?

Essentially, if your hours qualify, you get paid automatically. If not, you won't.

I'm pretty sure the hours qualify, but I hadvn't been paid yet, how can I look into this?

And how long would it normally take?
e7f4a9d2
Community Member

The name on my PayPal and Upwork does not match as my Paypal is filled in Russian. This creates an obstacle to verification, since in my country it is not possible to register with Paypal in English. And on your site you cannot register in Russian. I don't know what to do in this case?

Hi Rasul,

Please be patient for up to 72 hours for the review process to be completed. If any additional information is needed, our team will reach out to you directly and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members