cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract on hold then ended by Upwork. Money pending disappeared

Laurent Y Member Since: Jan 20, 2019
1 of 5

Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I got my first hourly contract for a client with a verified payment method. Then on Friday, Upwork put the contract on hold because of an issue with the client and a couple of days after that ended it.

I have recorded all my hours using the Upwork time tracker entering the tasks I was working on, so I thought I was eligible under the Upwork hourly payment protection.

But then today, when checking my report overview, the amount that was under "Pending" has disappeared and it is now showing $0 as well as in the available tab.

Does that mean I do not fall under the protection plan and lost the money?

Any help clarifying the situation will be much appreciated.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 5

Laurent Y wrote:

Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I got my first hourly contract for a client with a verified payment method. Then on Friday, Upwork put the contract on hold because of an issue with the client and a couple of days after that ended it.

I have recorded all my hours using the Upwork time tracker entering the tasks I was working on, so I thought I was eligible under the Upwork hourly payment protection.

But then today, when checking my report overview, the amount that was under "Pending" has disappeared and it is now showing $0 as well as in the available tab.

Does that mean I do not fall under the protection plan and lost the money?

Any help clarifying the situation will be much appreciated.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Has it been paid out to your bank account? Do you see an amount below available "last payment"?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 5

Hi Laurent,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with more details and will assist you further with this. Thank you.

Untitled
Palmer G Member Since: Jan 21, 2020
4 of 5
I have the same issue pls. I delivered the job and got paid, then I got a notification on Friday that my contract was on hold and it was reactivated the next day but when I checked my overview dashboard I could not find the money again, seems it has disappeared. Pls can you help me
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
5 of 5

Hi Palmer,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS