🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on hold. what should I do?
Page options
abr88
Community Member

Contract on hold. what should I do?

I was working on this contract since last 6 months. Two days ago, suddenly contract got on hold.

I tried to communicate with client but he is not responding me.

Two questions:

1.what should I do?

2.will this hold effect my profile or job score?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Abdul R wrote:

Two questions:

1.what should I do?

2.will this hold effect my profile or job score?

1. Nothing. Just wait for a while

2. No

iacob_irina
Community Member

Hi.

To answer your first question: You stop working and wait until the situation gets clarified. 

It is possible the client paused the contract due to the virus and just didn't say anything.

Or there might be a problem with the client's account. I don't think you can communicate with the client when this happens to the contract, but I'm not 100% sure.

Goo luck!

Irina I wrote:

It is possible the client paused the contract due to the virus and just didn't say anything.

then it would say "paused" - not "on hold,"

Irina I wrote:

. I don't think you can communicate with the client when this happens to the contract,

He can still communicate with the client and the client with him when a client's account is on hold.

You CAN communicate with a client when a contract is on hold. But generally I don't communicate proactively, because the client receives notifications from Upwork, and their situation is about their payment method typically. So it doesn't have anything to do with me.

I just let them work it out and look for Upwork's notification that the contract is no longer on hold.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members