🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on hold will affect payment or revie...
Page options
savageprogrammer
Community Member

Contract on hold will affect payment or reviews and lot more?

Hi Everyone!
I am new on upwork and as like every freelancer I got my first order and In the excitement I completed the the job done in 3 days (1 night and 2 days of continues work lol... ) but didn't submitted it yet. But now I got an email from upwork that the contract was on hold.

I read multiple thread with the same reasons but still there is something i want to know.

Should I submitted work? ( while contract on hold)
Does i still got reviews from the client?

Does I get the payment (its not necessary to answer)?

What happen if client will not fix his matter with upwork? Does it effect on my profile any bad?

Also why not client replying me? Does his account blocked or he have any permission issue like he can't access his messages until the matter not resolved?
1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Muhammad,

Congratulations on your first contract! I'm sorry to hear it was paused. If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contracts with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. Since there are funds in Escrow you should be able to submit the work you've completed before the contract was paused. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. Check out this help article for more info.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths