🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract on hold
Page options
habiba-arif326
Community Member

Contract on hold

Hi, a few days ago I worked with a client at upwork. The job was quite easy, and I knew that the client needs more work. Today I messaged that client again and asked if she could give me more work. She started a seven days contract of $90 today as per our discussed terms. After two hours, I received an email stating that the contract has been suspended temporarily for the safety of my account and market place. It's quite scary for me. Please explain to me what's going on? Are the freelancers not allowed to ask any client for more work in a decent way? Did I violate Upwork's terms and conditions?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Habiba,

Rest assured, you have not violated any of our TOS. Your contract was put on hold due to a problem on your client's end. 
Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you, but I can confirm that our team is working with your client to resolve their problem. Once this is resolved the hold on your contract will be lifted and you will be able to continue with your work. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Habiba,

Rest assured, you have not violated any of our TOS. Your contract was put on hold due to a problem on your client's end. 
Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you, but I can confirm that our team is working with your client to resolve their problem. Once this is resolved the hold on your contract will be lifted and you will be able to continue with your work. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for replying Goran. I'm relieved to hear that I've not violated any TOS.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths