🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on hold
Page options
mnk_11
Community Member

Contract on hold

Attention, please

If the client put the uncomplete contract on hold for more than 3 months without telling the exact reason, what should a freelancer do in this situation?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Maryam N wrote:

Almost 3 months.

I received the payment of the work I did. It is an hourly based project. My client was very happy with the work I did. But after a few days, he stopped me and didn't tell me the exact reason, just said that I will inform you when to continue ASAP.

It's doing you no harm open. Close it if you like, it doesn't make any difference unless the client leaves poor feedback.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Maryam N wrote:

Attention, please

If the client put the uncomplete contract on hold for more than 3 months without telling the exact reason, what should a freelancer do in this situation?

Might as well close it if the client has been gone for more than 3 months and isn't responsive.

mnk_11
Community Member

If the freelancer reminds the client to remove the hold and continue the project and the client give that response, 'I will let you know ASAP when to continue this project."
Should the freelancer close the contract after getting that reply from the client? Will this affect the JSS?

petra_r
Community Member

Maryam N wrote:

If the freelancer reminds the client to remove the hold and continue the project and the client give that response, 'I will let you know ASAP when to continue this project."

How long ago was that?  You have earned money from that contract, haven't you?

Should the freelancer close the contract after getting that reply from the client?

Personally I'd probably leave it open.

Maryam N wrote:

Will this affect the JSS?

Only if the client leaves feedback.

mnk_11
Community Member

Almost 3 months.

I received the payment of the work I did. It is an hourly based project. My client was very happy with the work I did. But after a few days, he stopped me and didn't tell me the exact reason, just said that I will inform you when to continue ASAP.

petra_r
Community Member

Maryam N wrote:

Almost 3 months.

It's doing you no harm open. Close it if you like, it doesn't make any difference unless the client leaves poor feedback.

mnk_11
Community Member

Thank you so much. Petra

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members