🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on hold
Page options
ellaga_pril
Community Member

Contract on hold

So my contract has been hold I have worked for more thank 5 hours and I put it in the work diary but then there are some changes in the work which we need to wait for the other video to be produced the client is asking me to cancel the contract, so should I cancel it?
10 REPLIES 10
sjbercot
Community Member

Did Upwork put your contract on hold? In that case, you don't need to do anything. Upwork and the client will take the next steps, unless you want to refund the client's money for some reason. You'll be paid if your hours were properly tracked.

The client put the contract on hold because the project has some revisions and not yet done and the client is asking me to end the contract so it won't charge her

Jeanne E wrote:
The client put the contract on hold because the project has some revisions and not yet done and the client is asking me to end the contract so it won't charge her

Again: Is it an hourly contract?

If it is an hourly contract, Upwork will indeed charge the client on Monday for all hours you logged this week. That is the whole point of an hourly contract: You work, the client is charged.

The client will be charged even if you end the contract UNLESS you delete the hours. Why would you delete the time you have worked?

What are you actually asking?

The client put the contract on hold because it's not yet done and has some revisions now the client is asking me to end the contract because it will charge her
petra_r
Community Member

Jeanne E wrote:
So my contract has been hold I have worked for more thank 5 hours and I put it in the work diary but then there are some changes in the work which we need to wait for the other video to be produced the client is asking me to cancel the contract, so should I cancel it?

I think the client is asking you to cancel the hours "because otherwise Upwork will charge her"

Is it an hourly contract? Did you track the hours properly with the Upwork tracker?

If the contract is on hold, that means the client didn't pay for something or the other.

I used manual time and I also got an email that I'm unable to use manual time

Jeanne E wrote:
I used manual time and I also got an email that I'm unable to use manual time

Manual time is not protected. This means that if you leave the time in your work diary, and the client disputes after being charged, you will lose the dispute anyway.

That said, if you delete the time and end the contract, it will count as an unsuccessful contract towards your metrics.

How can I delete the manual time can I still delete it even the contract has ended?

Jeanne E wrote:
How can I delete the manual time can I still delete it even the contract has ended?

You can't make any changes to the work diary once the contract has been ended.

Why do you not want to be paid for the 5 hours you worked?

JoanneP

Hi Jeanne,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our agents already updated your ticket to assist you further with this concern. The agent will follow-up with you and provide you more information on your ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members