🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on hold
Page options
jdhill28
Community Member

Contract on hold

I received an email from Upwork that one of my contracts (ID # 25650554) has been placed on hold and to wait to hear from them. The client says the issue has been dealt with days ago and is impatient for me to do more work. Nothing about a hold shows on the My Jobs listing on Upwork for that contract now. Can I go back to work? How long should I wait? Who and/or how do I contact about this given the email was from a 'donotreply' account?

Thanks

*I noticed that one of the earlier questions needed a copy of the email for an answer so I have included that as well.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

John H wrote:

The client says the issue has been dealt with days ago and is impatient for me to do more work. Nothing about a hold shows on the My Jobs listing on Upwork for that contract now.

Check for the "Your contract has been resumed" email. Mine go into Spam for some reason.

resumed.png

If there is no "on hold" warning next to the contract in your "My Jobs", the contract should be fine. Click on it and check if it says "active since".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

John H wrote:

The client says the issue has been dealt with days ago and is impatient for me to do more work. Nothing about a hold shows on the My Jobs listing on Upwork for that contract now.

Check for the "Your contract has been resumed" email. Mine go into Spam for some reason.

resumed.png

If there is no "on hold" warning next to the contract in your "My Jobs", the contract should be fine. Click on it and check if it says "active since".

jdhill28
Community Member

Petra,

I don't have anything from Upwork in my Spam folder. The "active since" date looks like the original start date (back in Nov). Is that what should be expected or would active since it came back off of hold make more sense?

petra_r
Community Member

John H wrote:

The "active since" date looks like the original start date (back in Nov). Is that what should be expected or would active since it came back off of hold make more sense?

That's how I would expect it to look. I have a contract that keeps going on hold and when it's on hold, it says so instead of "active since" - when it is active it says "acive since the date the contract started". Is it an hourly or a fixed rate contract? If hourly, if you can log time, it is not on hold.

If it is fixed rate, as long as the funds are in escrow, I'd not worry too much either way.

jdhill28
Community Member

Thanks

PradeepH

Hello John,

Your contract ID 25650554 is already restored and you can continue working on it.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members