🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract paused, but I have earnings from the...
Page options
077244cf
Community Member

Contract paused, but I have earnings from the previous week.

So I have funds from a previous week (that I worked) before my contract got paused due to my motherboard malfunctioning. I was thinking of purchasing a new one with those funds but I read here that apparently all payments are paused along with the contract. They still show as pending, and they are usually released Tuesday night. Will I be able to use these? Is there any way my employer can help me with it? 

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Santiago David,

I checked this for you and the funds you're referring to is currently under the Pending tab and should be released tomorrow as per the Weekly Billing Cycle. Under Paused contracts, hours billed prior to the contract being paused are still eligible for Payment Protection.

~ Bojan
Upwork
077244cf
Community Member

I see, thank you.
9d9d5056
Community Member

Hi Bojan, if someone has sent me a bonus payment for contract work and the funds now show up as pending, however the client's account says "suspended" and is being reviewed from Upwork, will I still be able to withdraw the funds or will they remain pending? Thank you

Bonuses not eligible for Payment Protection. Possible you will lose it.

Wow I got scammed then, **bleep**

Is there anything I can do to win back this money? it is rightfully mine but the client is trying to scam me 

Nope. Just wait. You will be paid if client resolve own issue. Or you will see "you have refunded" message in contract messages.

**bleep** that's unfortunate, thanks for getting back to me so quickly tho Mykola, thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members