🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract paused by Upwork and client seemed n...
Page options
e53ec2db
Community Member

Contract paused by Upwork and client seemed not legit

Like I said in the topic, my client stopped talking to me right after I have done my job. They said they will give me a good review and that's it. Never heard from them again despite how many messages I sent them. 

A couple days later, Upwork sent an email saying they are pausing this contract and will notify me with any info they find. I have never heard anyting else from Upwork either. I haven't got paid for my job and Upwork seemed to know that they aren't legit but I am floating in between this investigation. Can someone please explain to me what had happened? Have you guys been in the same/similar situation? Am I the only one crazy or my client really a scam?  

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

What did you do for 100/hour when your profile rate is 50?

And no, upwork will never tell you what the issue with the client's account is, and they didn't tell you that they will, you misunderstood. 

You need to wait until the client's account is reactivated, if that ever happens. 

I did translation. I rate 50 yes but my client said if I do it now (which is around 8PM which is late, and I denied doing the work now before) they will pay me double. 

starrynightastro
Community Member

Hi Ueakarn, 

Sorry to hear of your troubles. The only time Upwork paused one of my clients was because the client's payment method didn't go through. Sounds like this happened to you, and the client burned both you and Upwork. I sympathize. 

Perhaps one of the moderators will respond and give you an answer. I'm sorry this answer doesn't help your current situation. I hope that you find some new and lucrative jobs soon. 

Sincerely,

Beth R. 

Thank you for your response. I think that is what happening, something to do with the payment.  

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Unfortunately, Upwork was probably unable to charge the client and so you will never get paid. Sorry this happened to you.

marafx
Community Member

Always use the tracker and track time for freelancer protection.
if a contract is suspended do not  go on attempting to contact the client as for any work you provide for him on a suspended contract nobody protects you aside also from being not legit on Upwork ToS.
Keep clean and you will work and prosperas many do.
Do your best, stick to Tos and thrive

hugs
Antonia

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members