🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract placed on hold after months of clien...
Page options
mario_palacios
Community Member

Contract placed on hold after months of client's inactivity

Hello everyone.

Im a freelance software developer, and i got a client here like 2 years ago (more on less).

He want to develop a software, pay per hour for development. All this time we work on a single contract, open to this day.

He take my services for like 2 to 4 weeks, i develop something and he paid in time, but after that he disapear for months (like 4 to 8 every time).

Now the contract is "on hold" and I fear for a refund request. This is possible?

Everything a develop i uploaded on his server, and I always use the Upwork Traker to prove my work (screenshots and keyword inputs).

Can someone explain to me what is going on and what is the posibility of a refund?

He paid me like 8.000 USD in total (more or less).

Thanks for the help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mario,

The hold on your contract was placed due to a problem on your client's end. Unfortunately, I can't share any details for another user with you. However, I can confirm that our team has reached out to your client to assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mario,

I understand your concern with this and rest assusred if any issues arise our team will reach out to you directly via ticket with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thanks for your fast response.

But you can explain to me what's is happening and in a eventual refund proposal, what is my defense?

Also, I forget to mention that i dont hear for this client for 6 months or so.

Thanks.

Hi Mario,

The hold on your contract was placed due to a problem on your client's end. Unfortunately, I can't share any details for another user with you. However, I can confirm that our team has reached out to your client to assist them further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I understand, thanks for your help.

I'll be waiting for more details in the future.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members