Community Member

Contract placed on hold

A client direct hire me for his work. Here is the details bellow:

Rate and limits
Rate : $50.00 /hr 

Weekly Limit: 40 hrs/week

Manual Time:Manual time allowed
Start Date :September 12, 2020
I have done 9 hours out of 40hr/week. Suddenly I have seen a notification Your contract has suspended  "Upwork is investigating an issue. Please do not resume work with this client until the contract is active again" 
I did not reach out my client. 
My Questionne is:
Can I get my working bill?
Is impact of my profile?
If the client does not response what the next step?
1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noyonuzzaman,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. I did check the account and your client is already in correspondence with our team on their support ticket.

You may want to wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract.

Regarding your questions.

1. Upwork provides payment protection to freelancers and agencies for hours that are legitimately billed according to the eligibility criteria in this help article.
  2. Having a hold on your contract does not impact your profile, but you may want to check this help article to learn more about Job Success Score.
  3. You may want to consider reaching out to your client so that they can resolve the issue from their end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members