🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract put on hold
Page options
cristian-mzz
Community Member

Contract put on hold

I was informed last Sunday by Upwork that my contract with my best client had been 'put on hold' while they 'looked into an issue'. I have contacted my client for explanation, but they haven't replied yet.

I have also contacted the Upwork Help Center. They only told me to wait for the issue to be resolved, with no indication of what the problem is. I also asked how long it will take, and didn't receive any response.

I know that Upwork does this for the sake of the freelancers, but I am starting to get a little worried and frustrated by the lack of feedback. I cannot afford to waste many working days on this.

Is there any way for me to know what is wrong with my contract or with my job?

Can this issue be resolved quickly?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Due to privacy reasons Upwork will not and can not tell you what the problem is, it's on your client's side and the only party who can resolve it is your client.

There is no point contacting Support, as they can not tell you what the problem is, nor can they tell you how long it'll take. The sooner the client sorts it, the quicker it will be resolved. If the client does not resolve it, the contract will remain suspended forever.

Most of the time it is something really simple, such as a failed charge on a credit card or a verification question.

I know that Upwork does this for the sake of the freelancers,

Nope, they do it to protect themselves.

Cristian M wrote:

I cannot afford to waste many working days on this.

Work on something else. There is nothing to "waste time on."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Due to privacy reasons Upwork will not and can not tell you what the problem is, it's on your client's side and the only party who can resolve it is your client.

There is no point contacting Support, as they can not tell you what the problem is, nor can they tell you how long it'll take. The sooner the client sorts it, the quicker it will be resolved. If the client does not resolve it, the contract will remain suspended forever.

Most of the time it is something really simple, such as a failed charge on a credit card or a verification question.

I know that Upwork does this for the sake of the freelancers,

Nope, they do it to protect themselves.

Cristian M wrote:

I cannot afford to waste many working days on this.

Work on something else. There is nothing to "waste time on."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members