🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract put on hold
Page options
e8637e0f
Community Member

Contract put on hold

Hi,

Upwork put one of my contracts on hold more than a month ago. In my reports section, I can see 40$ in escrow, but the contract status is suspended.

Now I have two questions:

1- Will Upwork resume my contract again or should I just end it without receiving my money?

2- If I end the contract without getting paid, will it effect my JSS?

Best,

Qasim

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi Muhammad,

When a contract is placed on hold it's because there was an issue on your client's end. The contract won't be resumed unless your client resolves the issue with their account. You can read more about this here. Please know, keeping contracts with no recent activity open should not affect your Job Success Score negatively. If you do decide to close the contract and no feedback is provided by the client, it will not have an impact on your score either.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
e8637e0f
Community Member

Can I somehow get the funds which are in escrow considering I have worked for to earn it?

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Q wrote:

Can I somehow get the funds which are in escrow considering I have worked for to earn it?

If there is a funded milestone, submit for payment the usual way and see what happens!

e8637e0f
Community Member

Yes, there is a funded milestone. But the client is inactive for weeks now. Although I have left him messages to get his account fixed, but he has not replied yet.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Q wrote:

Yes, there is a funded milestone. But the client is inactive for weeks now. 

You don't need the client. Submit the work for payment using the "Submit for Payment" button on the contract. That is what it's there for and how freelancers submit work. If the cliet doesn't react, the funds are released to you 14 days after you submitted.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members