cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract "Paused" Question

patricedan928
Active

Hi everybody,
Last night I accepted an offer from a client.
This morning when I wen to message him it said:
 xxxx does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored.
Then I went to My Jobs and it said that the contract had been paused.
(My gut thinks they likely kept interviewing and found another offer for less $)

Any comments on what the case may be?

Thanks,

Patric

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Guru

@Patric L wrote:

xxxx does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored.

That means the client was suspended and his access to Upwork restricted, which hints at a scam (not necessarily, but usually when it's a minor problem, clients are just restricted. Actually locking them out hints at something more serious.)

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patric,

I'm sorry for the delay in following up on your question. As Petra noted, there's an issue with the client's account and you can follow up with Customer Support to find more details and decide how to proceed with this contract.

Untitled
patricedan928
Active

Hi everyone,

I recently had a contract paused. Also, when I went to send them a message it said that they currently didn't have access to Upwork. Did they most likely:

a. Find another freelancer and offered them a contract (for less money)?

b. Leave Upwork entirely?

c Other

Rock The Kasbah,

Patric

Patric,

The notification you see in the message room may mean that the user closed their account or their access to their account was limited. Unfortunately, we won't be able to share details about another user's account in the Community but you can contact customer support for more information about the contract.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS