🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract reactivated, payment still in review
Page options
anesa96
Community Member

Contract reactivated, payment still in review

Hi guys and Merry Christmas to all!

One of my hourly contracts was put on hold this morning, but the client quickly resolved it in a couple of hours. (I assume the whole thing happened because his payment method failed.)

The funds that were supposed to be released this morning are still in review even after the contract was reactivated.

Wouldn’t they have gone into the 5-day pending period right away, or does it mean the client still hasn’t paid properly?

Appreciate any clarifications regarding this! Thanks a lot.
3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Anesa B wrote:
Wouldn’t they have gone into the 5-day pending period right away, or does it mean the client still hasn’t paid properly?

It means the client eventually paid, but not when they were supposed to, so the money will become available next Wednesday (not "early").

The client failed to pay several times until their account was suspended for non-payment. This is a red flag and a sign to make sure all hours are tracked in such a way that they are protected....

anesa96
Community Member

Thank you for the prompt reply, Petra!

I understand. I assumed it should become available on Wednesday, but became suspicious when I realized it didn’t go into “pending”, which, for some reason, I thought it would...

But anyway, thank you for the advice. This is actually not the first time this is happening with this client, so I’m always extra cautious when it comes to logging my hours properly.
petra_r
Community Member

Anesa B wrote:
I understand. I assumed it should become available on Wednesday, but became suspicious when I realized it didn’t go into “pending”, which, for some reason, I thought it would...

It'll go into "Pending" on Saturday. Today is Friday.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members