🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract reneged
Page options
aa53b2a5
Community Member

Contract reneged

A client and I agreed on a small contract for a small gig. I delivered on time and they said they liked the work and my writing, but decided to go with their own story. Am I just out that money? I put in work for nothing? 

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "A client and I agreed on a small contract for a small gig. I delivered on time and they said they liked the work and my writing, but decided to go with their own story. Am I just out that money? I put in work for nothing?"

Did you work without a contract?
Then you worked for free. Yes, you are just out of money.

If YOU made a mistake and you did not get paid for it, that is a GOOD THING.

Because if means YOU have the power.

All you need to do is make sure you understand your mistake, and then don't make the same mistake again in the future.

========

Silver lining: The piece you wrote for this prospective client still belongs to you. You can sell it to someone else, or put it your portfolio, or do whatever you want with it.

JoanneP

Hi there,

I checked your account, but I was unable to locate the contract you are referring to. Could you please confirm the contract ID so I can check? 

Also, I'd like to inform you that our team has reached out to you about your account. Please check your ticket here.  You may also check the email address associated with your Upwork account. Please follow the instruction the team has provided on the ticket so that they can assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members