🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract showing active though all milestones...
Page options
akhetarpal
Community Member

Contract showing active though all milestones delivered and payment received

Hi,

I have just completed delivery of all milestones of my first contract. The client has paid the money in full. However, the contract is still showing as active. What do I need to do to move the contract to "Ended" status?

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Atul,

Once the contract is closed/ended you and your client will be able to provide feedback for each other and the job will not be listed as "in progress" anymore. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. The question is how does the contract move to closed/ ended status? Shouldn’t it be closed now that the milestones are delivered and the payment has been received.

Hi Atul,

To learn more about how a contract can be closed check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. I did look at that first before raising this query. It says, “For fixed-price contracts, funds in escrow will be automatically released back to the client if you end the contract.

It suggests that if I end the contract I don’t get paid. That doesn’t look right after I have done the work.

Regards,

Atul K wrote:

Thanks. I did look at that first before raising this query. It says, “For fixed-price contracts, funds in escrow will be automatically released back to the client if you end the contract.

It suggests that if I end the contract I don’t get paid. That doesn’t look right after I have done the work.

No it doesn't suggest any such thing. You don't have any funds left in Escrow. "In Escrow" means milestones that are not yet released.

It is always better to let the client close the contract because that way you get feedback.

petra_r
Community Member

Atul K wrote:

Hi,

I have just completed delivery of all milestones of my first contract. The client has paid the money in full. However, the contract is still showing as active. What do I need to do to move the contract to "Ended" status?

You ask the client to close the contract if there is nothing further you can help them with.

Thanks. I'll ask

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths