🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract supeneded after milestone paid
Page options
fahadakmalrajput
Community Member

Contract supeneded after milestone paid

Milestone of 650$ completed and paid by the client and after that amount was in my pending.

Suddenly Contract was suspended and the amount got 0 in pending. The problem with the client account is not with my account 650$ already paid and work completed .But i have nothing in my account. As per my best knowledge, Upwork should add $650 to my account because work is completed and its paid by the client and should stop the work for the next milestone

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fahad A wrote:
Basically it was a node and puppeteer work to automate the testing of a website
Like login, sign up, add card, payments etc

Glad to hear it. At least you didn't lose any money, just a few hours of your time. Not a big deal. 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
martina_plaschka
Community Member

It depends. If the client used a fraudulent credit card, upwork was not able to charge him and you will not get paid. The amount in your profile did not reflect a real payment from the client. What kind of work did you do?

I did the fixed work and started a milestone with the client for 650$ . After a few hours, I completed the work and milestones completed by the client, and 650 moved to my account . But after a day there was nothing and the contract got suspended and the account got reflected back

Fahad A wrote:

I did the fixed work and started a milestone with the client for 650$ . After a few hours, I completed the work and milestones completed by the client, and 650 moved to my account . But after a day there was nothing and the contract got suspended and the account got reflected back

A few hours? Yet your client paid you for more than 36 hours at your profile rate. Why would he do that? The way you describe it, you will not get paid for a few hours, so that's annoying, yes, but not the end of the world. Maybe be more cautious with clients who offer to grossly overpay you. There might be some nefarious reason for that, right? Did it occur to you that something is not quite right with that picture or no?

NikolaS

Hi Fahad,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contracts with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. You can find more information here

Additionally, I  checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket regarding this contract. If you have any further questions feel free to follow up directly on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

To take care of these trust and payment issues I am paying you a 20% commission of my work . I need my money because I worked on your platform and I also paid a commission for these kind of payment issues

Fahad A wrote:

To take care of these trust and payment issues I am paying you a 20% commission of my work . I need my money because I worked on your platform and I also paid a commission for these kind of payment issues

You have to see it from a different perspective. If upwork paid out for all uses of fraudulent credit cards, a lot of dishonest people would create fictional contracts and defraud the platform. Upwork would be out of business in days. Now that would benefit nobody, right?

you are right . But there should be some way to sort out this situation. You know better than me.Let me know what to do

Fahad A wrote:

you are right . But there should be some way to sort out this situation. You know better than me.Let me know what to do

I don't. I'm a freelancer just like yourself. You should have not agreed to whatever it was that went on, and you should not have posted this on a public forum to draw attention to something that very likely involved both parties doing things that are not allowed on upwork. Forget that money and move on. 

Fahad.

Martina is right. That's a suspiciously large amount of money relative to your rates to be paid in such a short space of time. I don't know what the deal was, and I hope you didn't buy any bitcoin for him, but you need to be careful. 

That's a fixed price project.

Fahad A wrote:
That's a fixed price project.

Yes.

But, that's 36 hours of work at your rates. Almost a week's worth of work if you worked on it for 8 hours a day. And you completed the job in 'a few hours'?

The thins he started a contract earlier and that got suspended and then cancelled so I asked him to sort out the problem with upwork
Few hours later he send me a request again to accept the terms and conditions for work
So I accept it by thinking that upwork allowed him to start the contract do its obvious the problem is sorted out and after few hours I delivered the project and got payment in my account but then after a day it reflect back and contract with paid milestone got suspended. Now let me know what to do?

Fahad A wrote:
The thins he started a contract earlier and that got suspended and then cancelled so I asked him to sort out the problem with upwork
Few hours later he send me a request again to accept the terms and conditions for work
So I accept it by thinking that upwork allowed him to start the contract do its obvious the problem is sorted out and after few hours I delivered the project and got payment in my account but then after a day it reflect back and contract with paid milestone got suspended. Now let me know what to do?

So, what was the work? You don't seem to be willing to describe what you actually did. 

Fahad A wrote:

Glad to hear it. At least you didn't lose any money, just a few hours of your time. Not a big deal. 

Fahad:
I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience.

You deserve to be paid for your work.

But if Upwork wasn't able to charge that client's credit card and get the money for you, then Upwork doesn't have the money, and you probably won't receive it.

Fixed-price contracts don't have the same "Upwork Payment Protection" program that hourly contracts have.

Because you weren't paid, the work that you did belongs to you. I don't know if there is something you can actually use. If you drew a picture of a cat, then that picture would belong to you and you could post it in your portfolio. The work you actually did for this client appears to be of a more technical, less tangible nature... So there may be nothing you can use. But if there is, feel free to include it in your portfolio, or use it however you want to use it. If you created a specific, novel programmatic function or script, you may post that to public GitHub or you Upwork portfolio, but you should remove server-specific login credentials in order to make it something generic that a person couldn't use to directly access anybody's server or accounts.

Preston H wrote:

But if Upwork wasn't able to charge that client's credit card and get the money for you.

They did.

Then had to return it to the owner of the payment method that was used.

It is impossible to create a fixed price contract without Upwork being able to successfully charge the first / only milestone,

2e395a62
Community Member

Fahad,

Sorry for your bad luck with the client - I guess there's not too much anyone can do. 

By the way, though.....650 bucks for a couple of hours of work....can you teach me this? Please.....please.........

Yes I can teach you to contact me at Upwork

hglewis
Community Member

Hello Piotr!

Piotr O wrote:

Fahad,

Sorry for your bad luck with the client - I guess there's not too much anyone can do. 

By the way, though.....650 bucks for a couple of hours of work....can you teach me this? Please.....please.........

I can! It's really, really easy that a 10-year old can do it!

I developed a simple process I follow and have used for years.

Step 1. Introduction

Step 2. My Secret Process

Step 3. How To Use It Effectively

But, before we begin, please submit your payment of $650 to...! 😎

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths