🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract suspended and after that refund is s...
Page options
rangelov-stefan
Community Member

Contract suspended and after that refund is sent. Client is not aware of it.

Hello,

I started working with a client in the middle of November, we agreed that I need 8 hours for the project and he offered me the hourly based project, I manually submitted hours worked.

I finished and submitted my work on the 22nd of November.

The contract was suspended on the 27th of November.

Refund Given on 1st of December.

I asked the client on Upwork what is happening, however, he was unresponsive. I found his website and asked again, and this is the answer:

"Not sure what you are referring to -- I did not request a refund on the contract.

I'll take a look at the contract and see what the issue is. 

Thanks"

Again he is unresponsive.

What should I do next?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Stefan wrote:

I started working with a client in the middle of November, we agreed that I need 8 hours for the project and he offered me the hourly based project, I manually submitted hours worked.

I finished and submitted my work on the 22nd of November.

The contract was suspended on the 27th of November.

Refund Given on 1st of December.

Basically, your client failed to pay Upwork for your hours and mannual time is not protected (so Upwork didn't pay you under the hourly protection out of their own pocket) you weren't paid.

It wasn't a "refund" as such, it was a reversal of a transaction that never happened.

Stefan R wrote:

I asked the client on Upwork what is happening, however, he was unresponsive. I found his website and asked again, and this is the answer:

Doing so, you violated Upwork's terms of Service, by the way....

Stefan R wrote:
What should I do next?

Nothing you can do if the client doesn't come back and pays you.

Client is not aware of it.

Oh the client is perfectly "aware of it" as Upwork will have sent him a whole bunch of emails...

So, he received my work and there is nothing else I can do, and I violated the terms of service by trying to receive the payment through Upwork. For something that I did on Upwork. It's good to know.

Thank you.

Stefan R wrote:

So, he received my work and there is nothing else I can do, and I violated the terms of service by trying to receive the payment through Upwork.

No, you violated the terms by contacting the client via a contact method the client did not explicitly gave you permission to use.

And you are warned every single time you add manual time that there is no protection at all This should not come as a surprise.

Petra R wrote:

Stefan R wrote:

So, he received my work and there is nothing else I can do, and I violated the terms of service by trying to receive the payment through Upwork.

No, you violated the terms by contacting the client via a contact method the client did not explicitly gave you permission to use.

And you are warned every single time you add manual time that there is no protection at all This should not come as a surprise.

Thank you.

JoanneP

Hi Stefan,

I checked, and our team is already working with your client to resolve this issue. Regarding the refunded funds, please reach out to your client directly. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you, Joanne,

I already reached to the client, and he is unresponsive, as I said. 

At least I learned about the risk of manually entering hours agreed.

Stefan R wrote:

Thank you, Joanne,

I already reached to the client, and he is unresponsive, as I said. 

At least I learned about the risk of manually entering hours agreed.

You still own the work you did.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members