🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract suspended due to inactivity
Page options
r_signal
Community Member

Contract suspended due to inactivity

I had one project with the client and the client said i wont be available for two months, november and december 2019. after that when he came, i got a notification that the project was closed due to inactivity, when i asked client about it he said its not from my side and i continued those tasks on other project with him. but that closed project affected my job success score rate and it came to 80 from 100. The client wanted to continue tasks on same project which was closed due to inactivity but he couldnt do anything from his side. Kindly help me out as it is affecting my job success score.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shahid H wrote:

@Petra,

I talked to my client and he gave me a bonus of $5 and a 5 star feedback, so now should I be expecting that the negative impact on my Job Success score will revert back? If yes, then how many days it usually takes to have this updated?

Hopefully, yes, and you'll see the effect when the JSS is next calculated, which is next Sunday afternoon / evening UTC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Shahid H wrote:

... but that closed project affected my job success score rate and it came to 80 from 100. The client wanted to continue tasks on same project which was closed due to inactivity but he couldnt do anything from his side. Kindly help me out as it is affecting my job success score.

all the client has to do is pay you a bonus (even a single Dollar will do) on the closed contract. That will reverse the negative effect of the "nothing paid" contract.

Avoid "nothing paid" contracts in future. NEVER take a contract until you have what you need to complete the first milestone.

r_signal
Community Member

But how can a contract get closed automatically due to inactivity?

Since we had understanding with the client that we ll continue once he will be back after 2 months.

Hi Shahid,

I understand your frustration with this and would like to confirm that this is by design. If there's no activity on the contract for 90 days it will be closed due to inactivity. 

If your client needs any help feel free to send me the contract ID via PM and our team will reach out to them. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Shahid H wrote:

But how can a contract get closed automatically due to inactivity?

Since we had understanding with the client that we ll continue once he will be back after 2 months.

Because money can only stay in Escrow for 90 days.

You find it in the terms of service

4. DORMANT ENGAGEMENTS

A "Dormant Engagement" is a Fixed-Price Contract that has a Fixed-Price Escrow Account with a balance but has had no activity for 90 consecutive days after the last milestone date contained in the business terms. Dormant Engagements are subject to the following rules:
  1. Upwork will notify Client when the Fixed-Price Contract becomes Dormant (“Dormant Date”).
  2. If no activity other than Release requests has occurred within 7 days after the Dormant Date, Upwork will notify the Freelancer that the Fixed-Price Contract is Dormant.
  3. If neither Freelancer nor Client take any action for 7 days after the Dormant Date, Freelancer and Client agree that Upwork Escrow is authorized and irrevocably instructed to immediately release escrow funds to Client.
  4. If Freelancer submits a Release request and client does not take any action for 14 days from the date of the Release request, Freelancer and Client agree that Upwork Escrow is authorized and irrevocably instructed to immediately release to Freelancer the amount related to the milestone with Release request.
  5. All funds released to Freelancer under this Section, Dormant Engagements, will be subject to the applicable Service Fees.
r_signal
Community Member

@Petra,

I talked to my client and he gave me a bonus of $5 and a 5 star feedback, so now should I be expecting that the negative impact on my Job Success score will revert back? If yes, then how many days it usually takes to have this updated?

petra_r
Community Member

Shahid H wrote:

@Petra,

Hopefully, yes, and you'll see the effect when the JSS is next calculated, which is next Sunday afternoon / evening UTC

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths