🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract suspended.
Page options
66083dab
Community Member

Contract suspended.

I got notification from upwork that my contract is suspended. This is my first project with that client. After seeing review and comments about suspended contract I fear that I loose money which I earn through project. I was working for my client around 25hrs . I already submitted my work to client through upwork messages. So anyone please tell me that  how will I get money if client not paid money to upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sagar J wrote:

I got notification from upwork that my contract is suspended. After seeing review and comments about suspended contract I fear that I loose money which I earn through project. I

Hourly or fixed rate contract?

If hourly, did yoiu track your hours properly with the tracker, with good activity levels and work memos that described correctly what you were working on? Then you will be protected.

If fixed rate contract? Did you correctly submit the work through the "submit for payment function" on the funded milestone?

Also, all the client has to do is pay what they owe Upwork.

Sagar J wrote:

how will I get money if client not paid money to upwork?

That depends on the answers to the questions above. If it's hourly and you tracked the time correctly, Upwork pay you out of their own pocket. If  you didn't, you better hope the client reappears and pays...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sagar,

To learn more about how you're protected under our Upwork hourly payment protection, check out this Help Article. If any issues arise, our team will reach out to you via ticket and email and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your reply.

petra_r
Community Member

Sagar J wrote:

I got notification from upwork that my contract is suspended. After seeing review and comments about suspended contract I fear that I loose money which I earn through project. I

Hourly or fixed rate contract?

If hourly, did yoiu track your hours properly with the tracker, with good activity levels and work memos that described correctly what you were working on? Then you will be protected.

If fixed rate contract? Did you correctly submit the work through the "submit for payment function" on the funded milestone?

Also, all the client has to do is pay what they owe Upwork.

Sagar J wrote:

how will I get money if client not paid money to upwork?

That depends on the answers to the questions above. If it's hourly and you tracked the time correctly, Upwork pay you out of their own pocket. If  you didn't, you better hope the client reappears and pays...

66083dab
Community Member

It is hourly project and while working I always track my working hrs using Upwork App. I did work for around 22hrs. and i got almost above 8 outoff 10 in work directory.

petra_r
Community Member

Sagar, that client's history is very suspicious and I am not sure any of their freelancers will get paid anything at all. The protection does not pay out in fraud-cases. All hired freelancers either brand new or hired at a rate several times higher than their normal rate. 

66083dab
Community Member

will you please tell me that my working hrs is protected or not?

petra_r
Community Member

Sagar J wrote:

will you please tell me that my working hrs is pretected or not?

Not in case of fraud, no.

66083dab
Community Member

but I send my work through upwork to client. and I worked for that client 22hrs  and track my working hrs too.

petra_r
Community Member

The rate is unusually high for the work. The client and most of the freelancers are in the same location. Everyone hired within a couple of days and logging lots of hours at an inflated (fake) rate..

I'm surprised that wasn't caught much earlier.

66083dab
Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I will take care in future before taking project from such client. It is my first project thats why I fall under his trap. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths