🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract suspended
Page options
5c1c0f81
Community Member

Contract suspended

Hi my contract with client has suspended. Can I share my contact details with him?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please pay attention to what Nikola has written

If you continue working with this client during their account suspension, you risk working for free.

If you agree to accept payments outside Upwork, you break rules and again risk being unpaid.

Upwork can't protect your work or payments if you don't follow rules and procedures put in for your safety.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify if you are referring to Paused contracts? If so, I would like to let you know that if there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account or billing method, we’ll pause your contract with them. While the contract is paused, you won’t be able to bill that client and should stop any work on the project until the contract is resumed. We’ll let you know if we have paused one of your client’s contracts, and we’ll also let you know when we reactivate the contract. We can’t share the specifics regarding why the contract was paused, due to privacy concerns.

If your client asks you to continue working on a paused contract and then offers to pay you outside of Upwork, in most cases you should decline and report it to us by using the Get Support button in the bottom-right corner of this page. 

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
5c1c0f81
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

 you can see that the contract is suspended as my client has updates his payment card detail. So my question is can I share my email or phone number with him?

Please pay attention to what Nikola has written

If you continue working with this client during their account suspension, you risk working for free.

If you agree to accept payments outside Upwork, you break rules and again risk being unpaid.

Upwork can't protect your work or payments if you don't follow rules and procedures put in for your safety.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members