🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract suspended
Page options
cosicsandra
Community Member

Contract suspended

My contract was suspended a few days ago and today Upwork sent refund to my clinet.  Why?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

When the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

The team will also be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your specific account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Sandra C wrote:

My contract was suspended a few days ago and today Upwork sent refund to my clinet.  Why?

Upwork didn't send a refund to the client, your client failed to pay for your hours last Monday and has, to date, not sorted it out.

So Upwork examines your work diary (because they were never paid) and if your work diary had qualified for hourly protection, Upwork would have paid you out of their own pocket.

Chances are you used manual time, forgot to add meaningful memos or had low activity levels. That means Upwork don't pay you out of their own pocket and the transaction was reversed.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

When the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

The team will also be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your specific account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi,

One of my contract is also suspended (Contract ID: 26042851).

I and my client are trying to contact you continously but we don't see any option to chat with you guys. We are faced by a useless bot which says we are connecting you with a support agent but then it just vanishes. 

We need this problem solved immediately. No idea why you suspended our contract!

Please let me know ASAP or at least connect me with a support agent!!!

Thanks,

Fasih

Hi Fasih Ullah,

Sorry to hear that about the status of your contract. Please make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed. While I can’t share details about the client’s account for privacy reasons, I’ll follow up with our team regarding this case and we’ll reach out to the client as soon as possible.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
shawnvw
Community Member

I'm having a similar problem to Fasih. I was told that the contract was suspended.

He called me a little while ago about a different issue, and he was suprised to learn from me that the contract was under suspension. He's looked at his contract pages and says it doesn't say anything about being suspended. I'm having trouble convincing him that it probably is a minor issue.

Can you please follow up with him?  Let me know if there's anything you need from me.

One other thing: Earlier we had agreed to extend the due date of a milestone. I never made the change on my contract page, and the old date has passed. My client asked me to make the change now. Can I do that while the suspension is in effect?

-- Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I've shared your client's situation with the team and one of our agents will reach out to them directly to further assist. Regarding the milestone's due date, it's not possible to change it, though if you're communicating with your client about the project and they agreed to a different date, there's nothing to worry about. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
boweyajunior
Community Member

Hi.
Same problem here.

Junior B wrote:
Same problem here.

Then same answers apply

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members