🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract suspension with no clear reason
Page options
m_acc_des
Community Member

Contract suspension with no clear reason

Hi all,

A previous client of mine sent me a new offer from a new account. He verified his payment method (hourly project), So I had no reason to decline.

After like 2 or 3 days Upwork suspended the contract. They wrote the same automatic message ( We will notify you when the problem is solved ).

The client told me that he had problems with Upwork, and he would solve it as soon as possible.

Now, This contract is idle, I haven`t tracked time yet. If it is closed, 100% this will affect my JSS although I didn`t do anything wrong.

Any recommendations?

Thank You.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mohammed G wrote:

Now, This contract is idle, I haven`t tracked time yet. If it is closed, 100% this will affect my JSS although I didn`t do anything wrong.

Not true. 

If the client stays suspended, the contract is excluded from your JSS calculation. Just leave the contract until the client fixes their issue, whatever it is. The client won't fix their issue, they've now been suspended TWICE....   But contracts with suspended clients are excluded.

Mohammed G wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I get a chuckle when people know their client got suspended and then accept a contract from a new account with the same client and surprise pikachu when something goes wrong like the client getting suspended again.

It's kinda hard to get a client account suspended on Upwork, so you know that it was for a bounced charge so the "I did nothing wrong" thing is funny.

Can You please quote where I said " I knew he was suspended "?. I will pay You $500 🙂

As clients are no more allowed to have two different accounts than freelancers, you must have known that it was dodgy and worked with him anyway.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
tlbp
Community Member

Mohammed G wrote:

Hi all,

A previous client of mine sent me a new offer from a new account. He verified his payment method (hourly project), So I had no reason to decline.

After like 2 or 3 days Upwork suspended the contract. They wrote the same automatic message ( We will notify you when the problem is solved ).

The client told me that he had problems with Upwork, and he would solve it as soon as possible.

Any recommendations?

Thank You.

What is your proof that the above-bolded statement is true?

lysis10
Community Member

I get a chuckle when people know their client got suspended and then accept a contract from a new account with the same client and surprise pikachu when something goes wrong like the client getting suspended again.

It's kinda hard to get a client account suspended on Upwork, so you know that it was for a bounced charge so the "I did nothing wrong" thing is funny.

Jennifer M wrote:

Can You please quote where I said " I knew he was suspended "?. I will pay You $500 🙂

Note: I don`t even know what a " bounce charge " is!.

Mohammed G wrote:

oooooh, you didn't know. You had no idea. I see, I see.

Jennifer M wrote:

Mohammed G wrote:

oooooh, you didn't know. You had no idea. I see, I see.

Do You have trust issues :D? I can smell them 100 meters far 😄

Mohammed G wrote:

Do You have trust issues :D? I can smell them 100 meters far 😄

I have trust issues for NO REASON.

m_acc_des
Community Member

Tonya P wrote:

Mohammed G wrote:

Hi all,

Any recommendations?

Thank You.

What is your proof that the above-bolded statement is true?

" Honestly " I knew this information from other community members. I didn`t read it myself.

petra_r
Community Member

Mohammed G wrote:

Not true. 

If the client stays suspended, the contract is excluded from your JSS calculation. Just leave the contract until the client fixes their issue, whatever it is. The client won't fix their issue, they've now been suspended TWICE....   But contracts with suspended clients are excluded.

Mohammed G wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

As clients are no more allowed to have two different accounts than freelancers, you must have known that it was dodgy and worked with him anyway.

Not true. 

If the client stays suspended, the contract is excluded from your JSS calculation. Just leave the contract until the client fixes their issue, whatever it is. Contracts with suspended clients are excluded.

You know 100% that Upwork announcements don`t reach us by E-mails. We have to dig and follow them, As a top rated who has 11 active contracts, I don`t have time for that. However, I really appreciate your clear answer. Thank You for your help.

This reminds me of the genius who complained that their fee percentage went back to 20% when their client was banned and hired them again from their new account LOL

Oh and.... as far as "Contract suspension with no clear reason" is concerned.... There *is* a clear reason... It's called "suspended client creating a duplicate account and being found out....."

Mohammed G wrote:

You know 100% that Upwork announcements don`t reach us by E-mails. We have to dig and follow them, As a top rated who has 11 active contracts, I don`t have time for that. However, I really appreciate your clear answer. Thank You for your help.

Sorry, you are not new here... You're also not stupid. You knew it was a different account which is why you paid attention to the fact that the client verified their payment method.

Petra R wrote:

This reminds me of the genius who complained that their fee percentage went back to 20% when their client was banned and hired them again from their new account LOL

Oh and.... as far as "Contract suspension with no clear reason" is concerned.... There *is* a clear reason... It's called "suspended client creating a duplicate account and being found out....."

Sorry, you are not new here... You're also not stupid. You knew it was a different account which is why you paid attention to the fact that the client verified their payment method.

Well, I don`t have to justify everything, but since You - as usual - have a great sense of humor, I will tell You.

That was one of my nicest clients, He ended the previous contract regurarly, gave me a great feedback, so no alerts were rang when he sent me a new offer from a new account.

I receive many offers and invitations every month, I decline most of them when I investigate client`s history and such.

Any way, Thank You again for entertaining my eyes reading your hilarious replies 🙂

Mohammed G wrote:

Any way, Thank You again for entertaining my eyes reading your hilarious replies 🙂

Thank you for taking my sense of humour in the spirit it was written. I (seriously) appreciate that.

FYI: In future, if a client hires you from a different account, be weary, because chances are they should not have a second / different account.

Petra R wrote:

Mohammed G wrote:

Thank you for taking my sense of humour in the spirit it was written. I (seriously) appreciate that.

FYI: In future, if a client hires you from a different account, be weary, because chances are they should not have a second / different account.

Be very, very weary.

JoanneP

Hi Mohammed,

Our team already reached out to your client to get this issue resolved. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths