Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract suspension with no clear reason

Community Guru
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
1 of 15

Hi all,

A previous client of mine sent me a new offer from a new account. He verified his payment method (hourly project), So I had no reason to decline.

After like 2 or 3 days Upwork suspended the contract. They wrote the same automatic message ( We will notify you when the problem is solved ).

The client told me that he had problems with Upwork, and he would solve it as soon as possible.

Now, This contract is idle, I haven`t tracked time yet. If it is closed, 100% this will affect my JSS although I didn`t do anything wrong.

Any recommendations?

Thank You.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 15

Mohammed G wrote:

Hi all,

A previous client of mine sent me a new offer from a new account. He verified his payment method (hourly project), So I had no reason to decline.

After like 2 or 3 days Upwork suspended the contract. They wrote the same automatic message ( We will notify you when the problem is solved ).

The client told me that he had problems with Upwork, and he would solve it as soon as possible.

Now, This contract is idle, I haven`t tracked time yet. If it is closed, 100% this will affect my JSS although I didn`t do anything wrong.

Any recommendations?

Thank You.

What is your proof that the above-bolded statement is true?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 15

I get a chuckle when people know their client got suspended and then accept a contract from a new account with the same client and surprise pikachu when something goes wrong like the client getting suspended again.

It's kinda hard to get a client account suspended on Upwork, so you know that it was for a bounced charge so the "I did nothing wrong" thing is funny.

Community Guru
4 of 15

Jennifer M wrote:

I get a chuckle when people know their client got suspended and then accept a contract from a new account with the same client and surprise pikachu when something goes wrong like the client getting suspended again.

It's kinda hard to get a client account suspended on Upwork, so you know that it was for a bounced charge so the "I did nothing wrong" thing is funny.

Can You please quote where I said " I knew he was suspended "?. I will pay You $500 Smiley Happy

Note: I don`t even know what a " bounce charge " is!.

Community Guru
5 of 15

Mohammed G wrote:

Can You please quote where I said " I knew he was suspended "?. I will pay You $500 Smiley Happy

oooooh, you didn't know. You had no idea. I see, I see.

Community Guru
6 of 15

Jennifer M wrote:

Mohammed G wrote:

oooooh, you didn't know. You had no idea. I see, I see.

Do You have trust issues Smiley Very Happy? I can smell them 100 meters far Smiley Very Happy

Community Guru
7 of 15

Mohammed G wrote:

Do You have trust issues Smiley Very Happy? I can smell them 100 meters far Smiley Very Happy

I have trust issues for NO REASON.

Community Guru
8 of 15

Tonya P wrote:

Mohammed G wrote:

Hi all,

Any recommendations?

Thank You.

What is your proof that the above-bolded statement is true?

" Honestly " I knew this information from other community members. I didn`t read it myself.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
9 of 15

Mohammed G wrote:

Not true. 

If the client stays suspended, the contract is excluded from your JSS calculation. Just leave the contract until the client fixes their issue, whatever it is. The client won't fix their issue, they've now been suspended TWICE....   But contracts with suspended clients are excluded.

Mohammed G wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

As clients are no more allowed to have two different accounts than freelancers, you must have known that it was dodgy and worked with him anyway.

Community Guru
10 of 15

Not true. 

If the client stays suspended, the contract is excluded from your JSS calculation. Just leave the contract until the client fixes their issue, whatever it is. Contracts with suspended clients are excluded.

As clients are no more allowed to have two different accounts than freelancers, you must have known that it was dodgy and worked with him anyway.

You know 100% that Upwork announcements don`t reach us by E-mails. We have to dig and follow them, As a top rated who has 11 active contracts, I don`t have time for that. However, I really appreciate your clear answer. Thank You for your help.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS