🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract terminated by client without having ...
Page options
764a8ce3
Community Member

Contract terminated by client without having started work

Hi, everyone. Hope you are doing well. I need your advice regarding this issue:

A client sent me a bid for a large project, where he is apparently going to hire a lot of freelancers. I accepted and then wrote to him saying to watch for instructions, as there is nothing explicit in the offer. He didn't reply for two days, then paused the contract saying he will start in mid-May. However, a few moments later he canceled it. He left no public comment. I need to know if he left no comment privately, or anything that might affect me JSS.

Thank you in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kinector
Community Member

Sebastian, I don't think you need to worry about the feedback. Nothing happened yet, right? You didn't disappoint the client as you didn't even get a chance to do anything. The client has no reason to leave negative feedback.

What you should worry is your client screening process. Don't accept offers you don't know anything about. You might put yourself in unnecessary risk without getting anything out of the engagement when you accept every offer you get.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
6e2db39c
Community Member

You can't tell. But that should appear on your JSS after few days. 

I'm not an experienced Upworker, but if you have proof of his wrong doing and your JSS is affected than you might consider contacting the Customer Support with proof.

Good luck!

prestonhunter
Community Member

A client may end a contract at any time.

A freelancer may end a contract at any time.

Do not contract Upwork Customer Support about this.

No feedback can appear on your public profile.

It is unlikely that the client left you negative private feedback.

If he did, then Customer Support won't tell you about it.

He wouldn't contact the client support about that, but if it affected his JSS ( Job Success Score) and was marked as an incomplete job by the client then I believe he might be able to contact customer support regarding the issue since that's unfair. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

It doesn't matter how the client marked the job.

petra_r
Community Member

Rochdi R wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong. Upwork doesn't get involved in "I had unfair private feedback" squabbles.

kinector
Community Member

Sebastian, I don't think you need to worry about the feedback. Nothing happened yet, right? You didn't disappoint the client as you didn't even get a chance to do anything. The client has no reason to leave negative feedback.

What you should worry is your client screening process. Don't accept offers you don't know anything about. You might put yourself in unnecessary risk without getting anything out of the engagement when you accept every offer you get.

Yes, indeed, nothing happened. The concern was that it would affect the JSS (although I am Rising Talent who has not yet completed enough jobs for the JSS to show on the profile). The client has no reason to comment on anything bad, and I definitely need to improve the selection of bids, this is one that is still alive, saying he is going to hire 80 freelancers and he is not yet up to 5. The offer has been published for 5 days and has not yet exceeded 10 proposals, which is suspicious.

I'm very grateful to everyone for their input, it's a great community. Thank you very much.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members