🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract title on public profile differs from...
Page options
_aida
Community Member

Contract title on public profile differs from the title on contracts list

I've noticed an error on my profile page for one of the ongoing projects. A contract title on my profile is different from the contract title the client has created (the one I see on my Contracts page). Is there a way to correct that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Aida,

Thank you for your message.

The contract title on your Upwork profile will by design match the title of the job applied. This cannot be corrected until the client update the job title and resend the offer.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Aida,

Thank you for your message.

The contract title on your Upwork profile will by design match the title of the job applied. This cannot be corrected until the client update the job title and resend the offer.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
ciestomedia
Community Member

Example: 

Title on Profile = "123 ABC DEF

Title on Contract = "ABC FGH

That's not a match. Freelancer accepted a new job that the client changed. After accepting the correct job with the right title that then shows on the notifications with the correct title, the title on the freelancer profile is different from the title of the job on the contract. The title on the contract is correct whereas the title on the profile is incorrect.

Hello Dominik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see you have concerns regarding the discrepancy between the contract title and the job post title. I want to clarify this to ensure you have the right expectations. The freelancer's Upwork profile's Work History will intentionally display the job post title. If the client uses a different contract name when setting up a contract, it will not be shown on your profile page; instead, the job post title will be displayed.

I understand that this might be a little confusing, but if the job post is still active, the client may be able to update the job post title to match the contract title. However, I have checked your account, and I see that the titles on your completed contracts match the job post title.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rohitjs2018
Community Member

Hello Upwork Moderators,

One of my project was recently completed and it is showing different title on my profile. but when I see in the chat and contract details it is showing correct project title.

I would appreciate if someone please take a look and fix it ASAP. 

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members