🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract to hire
Page options
iziaulla
Community Member

Contract to hire

I'm in the middle of an interview and I got an invite for an interview this morning around 5 AM PST from a client.  This position is a contract to hire and the client is payment method verified.  I've asked him to provide some information about the company he represents so that I find out if the position is a fraud or not.  After that communication went quiet.  It shows that he has 23 interviews, so he might be doing that right now.  My question is that if the position goes to hire and I'm on W2 what would be the procedure?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is beyond my knowledge, but I'm flagging your question for a moderator.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
williamtcooper
Community Member

Irfan,

Only if that is the arrangement with the client and freelancer. If the client interacts with you, ask them directly what their plans are. Have a great day.

Hey William, thanks for replying.  Well I was wondering if there is a form to fill out to make it official.  From what I understand is that the payment even W2 should be done through Upwork to keep payment protected.

re: "Well I was wondering if there is a form to fill out to make it official."

No form.

Just click green Accept button.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I've asked him to provide some information about the company he represents so that I find out if the position is a fraud or not."

I have worked for hundreds of clients on Upwork.

I have never done that.

re: "After that communication went quiet."

Then do nothing. Don't think about this client at all. Until he contacts you and hires you.

re: "My question is that if the position goes to hire and I'm on W2 what would be the procedure?"

The procedure?
Client click "Hire."

You click "Accept."

tlsanders
Community Member

Thanks for the help.  Just one more thing.  That client was trying to set up an interview room for us, but when I've tried joining I got this error message:

serviceName: 'roomsDS', commandName: 'GetRoomSimplifiedHysCmd', error message: 'Room record not found by id: room_bc5216058d4cfddb87ed4540465c786c'

That is beyond my knowledge, but I'm flagging your question for a moderator.

Hi Irfan,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the job you're referring to? The link to the job post would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
iziaulla
Community Member

So any news on what happened with that position?  It shows this job is closed in my proposal tab.  If it is cl8sed, do I get my credits back?

Hi Irfan,

Thank you for the follow-up. I also want to confirm that I did receive your message and we truly appreciate you sharing the job information. I took a closer look at the job and it looks like it's been removed by Upwork! Please note that when a job or client violates our ToS, the job post gets taken down and actions are taken on the client's account. To protect freelancers from possible fraud or scams, the message room will also be archived so you don't have to transact with them. 

Yes! If a job post is taken down due to a violation of Upwork's TOS, the Connects used for sending the proposal will be credited back to your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths