Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract without activity

genya7
Evgeny V Member Since: Oct 23, 2017
1 of 4

Hello, Upwork,

I noticed the part about how contracts without activity can lower your score. I have 1 currently inactive contract.  I completed milestone and wait for approve around 2 months.

Contract Name : **edited for Community Guidelines**

Unfortunately, client told me "update tomorrow" and disappeared.

He is not answering my question more than 2 months. So what can I do now.

Even though I completed all requirement, he said that he will check and disappeared.

Milestone 1 is completed and milestone 2 is in escrow. Is it affect to my working history and job success score?

I really need advice.

Thanks

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
2 of 4

If milestone 2 is in escrow and if you already provided that work to the client, why don't you submit mile stone 2, so that you will get paid automatically after 14 days?

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 4

I doubt that this will affect your JSS.  I have several hourly contracts and a couple of fixed price contracts that I didn't work on for months and months and my JSS stayed at 100%.  Remember, JSS goes up for long term contracts.  Not sure it's especially affected by the work, or lack of work, on those.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Evgeny, 

I checked your contract and can see that the second milestone is funded. You should be able to submit the work for the second milestone if you have completed it. Please click on the "Submit/Request Payment" button and attach the project completed so that the client can be prompted to review or release the payment for the 2nd milestone. If the client doesn't come back to you and request for changes within 14-days, the money in escrow will be automatically paid to your account. 

I would also like to share that only a pattern of idle contracts will affect your Job Success Score negatively. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS