🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract
Page options
abbyness
Community Member

Contract

Hi Upwork Community

I woke up today with a news about a contract terms and conditions update. I was quiet terrified because last week an upwork plus client directly messaged me about a job, which I thought is a new feature. There is no contract or offer yet from this client. I am a freelancer who most of the time don't work for fixed prices so this is a first time for me. She spoke about the tasks etc. And agreed if we can do a test run about the job (contract is not yet made) so I sent her my email so she can share me the file. I did the test run for just 5 product entries then she likes to hire me. Throughout the conversation I am encouraging her to create a contract for us so we can get started with the job, I realized this was her first time with the platform so that explains why there is no job posting or offer made before we did the test run.
Well at the end of the day I was able to assist her in creating a fixed price contract then get started with the job, and looking to hire me for more projects.

My concern is I have shared my email beforehand with no intention of breaking the terms and conditions. I am afraid my account as well as my client will be suspended because of this and I can't afford to lose a job right now since I have one long term regular client which is currently my source of income. I hope someone can give me ease that what I did are not grounds for suspension. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
florydev
Community Member

It wasn’t, but it will be, I think starting June 26th
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I was quiet terrified because last week an upwork plus client directly messaged me about a job, which I thought is a new feature."

I can assure you that there is nothing related to this policy change that you need to be terrified by.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths