🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contracts Open But clients are not respon...
Page options
hashlog
Community Member

Contracts Open But clients are not responding

Hi,

I am a freelancer and facing trouble, a lot of clients open their contracts and after completing their project they left an open contract on my profile, now they are not responding. I want to close that contracts what can I do? Please help

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

For each idle contract, wait a couple of weeks of no communication then write a short "Just checking in..." message to the client.

If no reply, do the same after another 14 days.

If no reply, close the project and leave feedback along the lines of "I closed this project after ___ weeks of no communication from client." Add "...would gladly re-start the project at the client's option." - if that's true.

Then forget about the clients who haven't responded. (They are unlikely to leave any feedback for you, but you should check for feedback during the 14 days after you close any contract.

In the meantime, take on new projects.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

If you have contracts that are still open but no further work needs to be done, you can consider asking your clients to close them or go ahead and close them yourself. Please note that when you close a contract, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If no feedback is provided on the contract by them, it will not have an impact on your score since the recent change was implemented.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much. These contracts are open since one year ago. Now I am going to close them

wlyonsatl
Community Member

For each idle contract, wait a couple of weeks of no communication then write a short "Just checking in..." message to the client.

If no reply, do the same after another 14 days.

If no reply, close the project and leave feedback along the lines of "I closed this project after ___ weeks of no communication from client." Add "...would gladly re-start the project at the client's option." - if that's true.

Then forget about the clients who haven't responded. (They are unlikely to leave any feedback for you, but you should check for feedback during the 14 days after you close any contract.

In the meantime, take on new projects.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths