🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contracts and Testimonials
Page options
0b278e3c
Community Member

Contracts and Testimonials

Hello everybody,

I am newbie in this freelancing world. I have some questions and hope you can help me to solve them.

1. I applied for a job and the client got in touch and sent me all the details for the task. I performed and delivered on time but I haven't heard from him again. My question is once a client hires me, how does Upwork know that I am already working in a specific task? Because there's a part for Contracts, that I just found, but the client didn't talk about a contract. So, if client doesn't answer me, how can I report that to Upwork? 

2. Once the task is finished, how the client rate my work or performance? Do I have to send a link or something?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
0e6e7259
Community Member

1. When a client hires you for a job, Upwork automatically creates a contract between you and the client. You can find this contract under the "My Jobs" section of your Upwork account. It's important to communicate with the client through the Upwork platform and to use the "Track Time" or "Submit Work/Deliverables" features to document your work and progress. If the client is unresponsive, you can use the "Request Payment" feature to request payment for your work. If you are unable to resolve the issue with the client, you can contact Upwork's customer support for assistance.

2. After you have completed the task, the client will be prompted to leave a review of your work on the Upwork platform. You can also request feedback from the client if they haven't left a review yet. The client can rate your work based on a scale of 1 to 5 stars and leave a written review. To ensure that the client can easily leave a review, make sure to deliver your work through the Upwork platform and communicate professionally throughout the project.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
0e6e7259
Community Member

1. When a client hires you for a job, Upwork automatically creates a contract between you and the client. You can find this contract under the "My Jobs" section of your Upwork account. It's important to communicate with the client through the Upwork platform and to use the "Track Time" or "Submit Work/Deliverables" features to document your work and progress. If the client is unresponsive, you can use the "Request Payment" feature to request payment for your work. If you are unable to resolve the issue with the client, you can contact Upwork's customer support for assistance.

2. After you have completed the task, the client will be prompted to leave a review of your work on the Upwork platform. You can also request feedback from the client if they haven't left a review yet. The client can rate your work based on a scale of 1 to 5 stars and leave a written review. To ensure that the client can easily leave a review, make sure to deliver your work through the Upwork platform and communicate professionally throughout the project.

Hello Zain,

I appreciate all your help. I will follow all that's listed above.

Thanks a lot. Kind regards 

celgins
Community Member

You mentioned applying for a job and performing and delivering a task, but there isn't an in-progress or completed jobs in your work history. Keep in mind that communicating with a client and completing work outside of Upwork before you’ve agreed to a service contract is a violation of the Terms of Service. Doing this can get your account terminated.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure you click the Academy link at the top of the screen and go through the Courses and Learning Paths. Then, read the first message in this post. Once you learn more about the Upwork platform, things will be much clearer.

0b278e3c
Community Member

Clark S wrote:

You mentioned applying for a job and performing and delivering a task, but there isn't an in-progress or completed jobs in your work history. Keep in mind that communicating with a client and completing work outside of Upwork before you’ve agreed to a service contract is a violation of the Terms of Service. Doing this can get your account terminated.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure you click the Academy link at the top of the screen and go through the Courses and Learning Paths. Then, read the first message in this post. Once you learn more about the Upwork platform, things will be much clearer.

Hello Clark,

The whole proccess was done into the platform:

1. I applied

2. The client messaged me into the plataform

3. He gave all the details about the task along with the PDF file that I had to translate.

4. We also agreed in the messages the payment and deadline.

5. Once the translation was done, I also sent it in a message into the platform.

As the client hasn't gotten in touch, I was checking the platform and saw that part of contracts.

Sorry, I forgot to say thank you for having asnwering.

Thanks a lot

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths