cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contracts ended - but clients not leaving feedback. GOOD or BAD for my JSS?

Highlighted
Swaraj M Member Since: Jul 18, 2016
1 of 6

So surprisingly after maintaining a 100% Job Success score and 90%+ "Client Reccomendation" score for almost one to two years, I recently saw my JSS drop from 100 to 95.

I took up only one new contract since that which was completed successfully which had a perfect feedback score on it as well. Unfortunately, I have 23 open jobs at the moment, which I've asked each of the clients to close and leave feedback for but none of them ever did.

So that being said, my questions are the following - 

#1. if I end a contract and there's no feedback from the clients on those particular contracts - does it affect my JSS negatively?

#2. If yes - then my follow-up question is this. If the feedback from the client is neutral - shouldn't it's effect on the JSS be neutral as well? Why is it that no feedback is automatically taken as "BAD FEEDBACK"?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 6

Swaraj M wrote:

So surprisingly after maintaining a 100% Job Success score and 90%+ "Client Reccomendation" score for almost one to two years, I recently saw my JSS drop from 100 to 95.

I took up only one new contract since that which was completed successfully which had a perfect feedback score on it as well. Unfortunately, I have 23 open jobs at the moment, which I've asked each of the clients to close and leave feedback for but none of them ever did.

So that being said, my questions are the following - 

#1. if I end a contract and there's no feedback from the clients on those particular contracts - does it affect my JSS negatively?

#2. If yes - then my follow-up question is this. If the feedback from the client is neutral - shouldn't it's effect on the JSS be neutral as well? Why is it that no feedback is automatically taken as "BAD FEEDBACK"?

1. no, unless most of your jobs have no feedback, not the case as you describe it. 

2. see above. 

3 of 6

Thank you Martina.

You mentioned "unless MOST of your jobs have no feedback". Is there like a cut-off point or a marker beyond which it WOULD affect my stats?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 6

re: "Is there like a cut-off point or a marker beyond which it WOULD affect my stats?"

Yes.

Because the stats are determined PURELY by computer algorithms and NOT be individual Upwork employees, there (by definition) must be a marker or cut-off point or mathematical algorithm that determines all this.

Are the exact number and algorithms posted on Upwork's site?

No.

If you ask Customer Service, will they provide them to you?

No. They don't know them.

Will Community Forum moderators provide them to you?

No.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

Swaraj M wrote:

Thank you Martina.

You mentioned "unless MOST of your jobs have no feedback". Is there like a cut-off point or a marker beyond which it WOULD affect my stats?

That number SEEMS to be somewhere above 10% but less than 20%. But, we don't know for sure. We do know it starts to hurt long before "most."

What most experienced Upworkers do in your situation is close one or two jobs, do some more jobs with feedback and wait a bit and close one or two more, so you're not dumping a large number of no feedback jobs into the calculation at once.

6 of 6

Tiffany S wrote:

Swaraj M wrote:

Thank you Martina.

That number SEEMS to be somewhere above 10% but less than 20%. But, we don't know for sure. We do know it starts to hurt long before "most."

What most experienced Upworkers do in your situation is close one or two jobs, do some more jobs with feedback and wait a bit and close one or two more, so you're not dumping a large number of no feedback jobs into the calculation at once.

Thank you for the advice, that helps quite a lot! I'll definitely try that out.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS