cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Conversion of USD in PKR

Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
11 of 15

It is best for tranfering money under 1000$ otherwise go for the 30$ payment method. Wire Transfer (USD).

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Azmat M Member Since: Mar 19, 2018
12 of 15

There are two ways for Pakistan. 1st is Payoneer which pays latest updated dollar to pkr rate but upwork charges 2$ and each ATM or POS transaction is 1$ each. 2nd option is direct  bank transfer which pays less $ to PKR rate but there is only 0.99$ charges at upwork withdrawal. 

Mezaan bank does the job best. In real both are same in sense of chages until unless you have withdrawal amount in thousands of $. For lesser amounts Direct bank transfer is best. 

Highlighted
Sidrah R Member Since: Mar 4, 2019
13 of 15

hi, I am using local bank transfer method, but unable to understand how to upwork is using exchange rate can you help me understand it? I have done some research on internet but there is no authentic information anywhere. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 15

Hi Sidrah, 

The difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed. Thank you.

Untitled
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
15 of 15

Payoneer has its own fee as well.

For instance, when you withdraw money from UpWork through Payoneer, it will charge you $2. So first deduction.

Now if you are new to Payoneer then Payoneer will charge you Yearly fee which is approximately $20 to $25 (I do not remember exactly as I dont use this method anymore).

Now when you withdraw money from local ATM through Payoneer Debit Card, each transaction would cost you a fee of PKR 254. And mostly ATM withdraw money after 3rd chance. (It has happened to me twice.

When you link your bank with payoneer, payoneer has some charges which will be made.

Therefore, I would suggest please forget every other method and use direct bank transfer....you may get a little lower currency rate, however its the most secure and fast as well.

Upwork charge you $0.99 for each transaction and if market rate is $1=142, upwork will give you rate of $1=134. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS