cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion rate dollar to euro just unacceptable!

Highlighted
Rik S Member Since: Jun 25, 2016
1 of 4

I find it totally unacceptable that besides the fee your are charging of 5% you are charging me almost 150 euro for converting the amount of circa 10450 dollars to euro. See: https://xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=10450&From=USD&To=EUR Sending me emails that your so happy to work with me etc. blah blah. If you really care about me and other freelancers fix stuff like this. 

Nina K Moderator Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Rik,

Please note that the difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed.

~Nina
Untitled
Rik S Member Since: Jun 25, 2016
3 of 4

That is exactly the reply I was waiting for. I just find that ..... it is your task to make sure that we as freelancers get the best exchange rates as possible. Just telling me that you can't control this is a lack of disrespect to your freelancers and not willing to achieve the best.With the volume Upwork handles in exchanging money on a monthly you can't tell me you don't have any control on this. The rates your banks are offering you are just a plain rip off.It is your duty to improve these exchange rate.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

I am sorry to know that this is something that incoveniences you, Rik. Please see the other payment methods that are available to you. Exchange rates, fees, and timing vary per payment method, and you may want to check which is more convenient to you. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.54.05 AM.png

-Avery

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS