🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Convert freelencer account to agency freelenc...
Page options
dilijevic
Community Member

Convert freelencer account to agency freelencer

Hello, 

I have opened my company recently and planned to work with You (UpWork) to provide income for my company.

However, currently my account is registred to me personally (not using my company details). This seems to be a problem with our laws, as if I would to pull the money with my personal details, I would be breaking the law considering my company income.

My quesiton is; is it possible to change the details of my UpWork account to my company details, thus removing my personal detail and satisflying our laws so I don't encounter any issues with taxes, etc?

I am yet to register my VAT number (which I would have to include in my UpWork account). Is this doable, or should I close my personal account and register a new UpWork account using my company details? I would prefer not to do that as I would lose my connections with previous clients, reviews etc.

Best wishes from
Denis I.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denis,

Yes, you can check these helpful articles for more information about reports that agencies get on Upwork, payments and how to access invoices.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denis,

Although your profile itself needs to be in your name, you can include your company name in your profile and in your settings (under "Tax Information"), and use your company's tax ID, as well.  If your "business name" is different than your personal name in your account information, then your business name also appears on your invoices to your clients.  You could also create an agency in your company's name, if you wanted to (check this guide to agencies to help you decide if an agency is right for you). 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dilijevic
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

Thanks for the reply. I talked with several law experts here in Croatia and they all agree I must do my business as agency. I have opened agency profile and talked with my clients to end all contracts and start new contracts.

Other questions is: from Croatia tax law point of view each month for every income that comes to my company bank account must be justified with a invoice. Can agency pull invoices for their accounting so that we can taxes in Croatia?

Thanks
Denis

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denis,

Yes, you can check these helpful articles for more information about reports that agencies get on Upwork, payments and how to access invoices.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths