Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool GUI

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
1 of 4

I was surprised (and delighted) to discover that the Help Center has a new GUI.  I like the way possible questions were organized.  I discovered a new thing - the Chat Support button. Can the button be pressed 24/7? Why does it have the Contributions Section? Are freelancers allowed to post questions there?  Does it substitute a blog website?  Is it private?  Who am I going to follow (there's a button for following)?  Is the "following" feature similar with that in Academia.edu or ResearchGate.net? If I'm the last person to ask these questions then where have I been? lol

coolGUI2.jpg

cool thing2png.png

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dusan K Member Since: Nov 27, 2015
2 of 4

Hi there,

Those are a really good questions and I would really like to find answers to them.

I don't know, maybe we could try to post this exact questions using that new live support chat? Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Juvy Ann. I am glad to hear you like the new Help Center Design. It should help Upwork users find information more efficiently.

Regarding your question:

- Chat is not available to all Upwork users 24/7, so the button will only be visible when it's available.

- You will notice that although there is a function to comment on articles, it is disabled in the Help Center. We suggest submitting a ticket request if you have any questions or posting here in the Community.

- You can follow some articles and easily access them in My Activities> Following.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 4

It certainly seems to be a lot more intuitive and easier to search. Just one thing that bothers me is that a lot of the 'answers' are three years old. Many changes (such as escrow) have been made in the last three years - is this addressed in the help pages? (I haven't spent a lot of time on it.)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS