🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Correct Account Number but wrong Bank Name
Page options
martinsonuoha
Community Member

Correct Account Number but wrong Bank Name

Hi, I made a request today for a wire transfer to one of my payment methods, since it's the weekend, I expect it won't be processed today. However, I just noticed that the Bank Name is incorrect, however, the account number is correct, I'm not sure what to do to correct this, Can I cancel the request and get the funds back into my Upwork balance before it is processed, then update the correct details?

Please help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Martins,

Thank you for your message. Your funds will be reversed back to your Upwork account in case we are unable to successfully transfer your funds. Feel free to message us if you do not receive your funds within 8 business days so that we can initiate fund tracing on your account. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PradeepH

Hi Martins,

Thank you for your message. Your funds will be reversed back to your Upwork account in case we are unable to successfully transfer your funds. Feel free to message us if you do not receive your funds within 8 business days so that we can initiate fund tracing on your account. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, Thank you very much, that explains what I need to know. I'll be on standby and hope it bounces bank. 

Thanks a lot.

Hi Pradeep, it's been 7 business days, and it hasn't been reversed yet, should I be worried? how can I follow it up so it's reversed, or do I need to wait exactly 8 business days? 

Hi Martins,

Yes, 8 business days need to pass before initiating a trace. In your case, that should be on the 24th of June.

THank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, 

It's the 24th of June today and still, I haven't gotten the money refunded, what do I do?

Hi Martins,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members