🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Correct contract ended without payment, to av...
Page options
abrehamadamu
Community Member

Correct contract ended without payment, to avoid affecting JSS

Hello,

After starting an hourly contract, my client and I decided to get it done in a fixed contract and though I knew no earning contracts hurt JSS, my client ended the contract fast before we discussed how to proceed.

Is there any way we can reopen the contract or other thing we can do to avoid negatively affecting the JSS?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Abraham,

While the parties won’t be able to provide public feedback on a contract that didn’t have any payments, they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abraham,

While closed contracts can’t be reopened, it will not necessarily affect your JSS negatively. Both public star rating and private feedback are included in JSS calculation and may cause the score to change. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for replying,

Does it mean 0 earning doesn't affect JSS, or did you mean the net effect might cancel or correct it?My client has given me full ratings both on the private and public feedback. and has rehired me for another contract. does the net JSS effect become positive? or is there something I have to do? 

Hi Abraham,

While the parties won’t be able to provide public feedback on a contract that didn’t have any payments, they can still provide private feedback. If the client provides positive private feedback on a contract with no earnings, that contract will be excluded from JSS. If the client specifies in their feedback that the contract had a negative outcome, that will be counted in the score. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

What if I closed the contract and client didnt given any feedback

I want to close the contract as Client is not responding and not alloted work in Hourly contract,
I want to close the contract without effecting my JSS

Hi Sai,

If you close the contract on your end the client will have 14 days to leave feedback. If they don't, the contract will not be included in your JSS calculation.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members