🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UPWORK PAYMENT
Page options
2e294a34
Community Member

Correct phone number format

Hi. Please help correctly enter the Russian phone number +7 ### ### ## ## in the field (###) ############

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mcadamous
Community Member

@Sergei M
Please change the post you marked as the solution, it is very confusing as its not actually the solution.

To anyone else experiencing this issue and getting frustrated by the "copy pasta" answer from Upwork representatives:

The correct format is not a standard format for phone numbers, so here is how you can convert your number to be valid in the phone number field:

Step 1:
Write out your full international phone number as you normally would with the "+" symbol or "00" (if you don't know your country's dialing code, you can find it at https://countrycode.org/)
e.g.

UK: +447922222222, DE 00491622222222, ES +43692222222, US +15552222222

Step 2:
Work out what your countries international code is
e.g. 

UK: +44, DE 0049, ES +43, US +1

Step 3:
Remove the "+" symbol or "00" and surround the numbers with brackets ()
e.g. 

UK: (44), DE (49), ES (43), US (1)

Step 4:
Add a space after the brackets and put in the rest of your phone number.
Using the examples above, you should end up with the following:

UK: (44) 7922222222, DE (49) 1622222222, ES (43) 692222222, US (1) 5552222222

IMPORTANT: Only your country code without "00" and without the "+" symbol should appear in the brackets "( )" AND the brackets must be followed by one single blank space " ".

Upwork Support Representatives:
A tip!
When you come across a question that is repeatedly asked, with the same "copy-paste" answer from the knowledgebase - but people are still not able to solve, it shows that the answer is either incomplete, inaccurate or not clear enough. Instead of just repeating the same thing over and over again hoping it would solve it, you should actively escalate the issue to whichever department is responsible for maintaining documentation.
To have 10 pages of the same user frustrations with the same answer from your team is frankly ridiculous. Feel free to copy my steps and answer above to be submitted for the documentation.

Upwork Development Team:

I doubt you will read this, but your configured regex is not in line with any international standards for validating phone numbers. This should be modified immediately. You are an international platform with access to some of the best developers across the world. Mistakes like this should not happen.

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141

please show any screen short.space can't allow
+8801612204466 From Bangladesh

Hi Nazrul,

Please use this format: (000) 0000000. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
b4106cc1
Community Member

Hi Joanne,  I can’t fill out the “Set up Payments: Direct to Local Transfer“ form due to the incorrect entry of the phone number in the field that is highlighted in red (in the screenshot).and i tried with bracket also. Please help me

Hi Nutan and Regina,

Please add your phone numbers in the following format: (Country Code) phone number, example: (000) 00000. Please don't add any signs and don't forget to add space after the brackets. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
b7cae7e8
Community Member

I am not able to add number

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Saurabh and Grigory, 

Could you please try adding your phone number with the country code in the brackets excluding "+" followed by space and followed by your phone number?

~ Valeria
Upwork
lmorvin
Community Member

Hi. I'm from Russia and I can't enter a phone number in the payment method in the format (###)#########. Country code +7, I enter the number in the format(7)########## - code without + in brackets and 10 digits of the number and nothing. Writes enter in the format (###)#########. How do I solve this problem?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Leonid,

Please use the same format but don't forget to add space after the brackets. 
If you`re still experiencing the same problem, try to add 0 in your country code (07) ####. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am facing the same issue.

Hi Joyce Ann,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
deguzmanja11
Community Member

Hi. Can you share the answer in your inquiry about phone number? thanks

Hi Joyce,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
utsav27
Community Member

Hi,

I am from india and was trying to add phone number in add payment method but not able yo do it.so,can you please help?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Utsav,

Please try adding your phone number in this format: (country code) phone number. Don't forget to add space after the brackets and please don't add any signs in front of the country code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
orit_venice_abeg
Community Member

i cannot add phone number on direct local bank set up. I did put my area code then after the 10 digitd number but I thinks not the valid format.  Im from philippines. Please advise

Hi Venice Abegail,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

~ Joanne
Upwork
usmars
Community Member

Hello there!
i actually facing with an issue.. i can't put my number in payment method i am from pakistan my country code is +92 kindly guide me about the certain issue.! thank you.!

Hi Usman,

~ Joanne
Upwork
hareer-muhammad
Community Member

Upwork payment isn't being processed since I can not add my UK phone number. Please help.

The format is asking for (xxx) in the start whereas I can only add (+44). How do I solve this issue?

Hi Muhammad,

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, İ have a problem when i get my paid from upwork!

İm in turkey we have +90 country code and then 05420000088 this is not my phone its an example ?

How can i write my phone number correct?

Please HELP!

Hi Buket,

~ Joanne
Upwork
edudgeon
Community Member

Hi all, I'm trying to set up a direct deposit payment method to my bank account but it keeps telling me "Enter phone number in (###) ############ format." I have entered my phone number in every possible way (With spaces, no spaces, with dashes, with no dashes, etc) and it still keeps giving me this message and I am not able to move forward. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? 

Hi Everett,

~ Joanne
Upwork
leticiamanosso
Community Member

Having the same issue 😞

Hi Leticia,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dcec6f0a
Community Member

I couldn't link my bank account, I able to retrieve bank details using IFSC code though but I couldn't get to save them. While saving, it is showing an invalid phone number. I am entering the valid phone number without any special characters, but still, I couldn't save them shows error like below,

Enter a phone number in (###) ############ format.

Hi Leo,

~ Joanne
Upwork
mpaon
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to put my phone that is from Brazil (55) ## #########, but I'm not getting it can someone help me?

It should be like (55)space your phone number

That's it.Try it

Hi Margot Paon,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets, and add a space between the country code and the phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Does anyone have the format to link a UK phone number successfully?

Hi Ross,

The format is the same for everyone: (country code) phone number, (000) 00000. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dcec6f0a
Community Member

It worked !! Thank you

dcec6f0a
Community Member

It worked!!. Thank you so much
rosslennymac
Community Member

Hi - no joy in finding the answer. 

I have completed a gig for someone - they have set up payment their end but I cannot register to get paid as the format I am entering in my UK mobile number is never correct... tried a lot of different methods... still no luck. 

Hi Ross,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mcadamous
Community Member

@Sergei M
Please change the post you marked as the solution, it is very confusing as its not actually the solution.

To anyone else experiencing this issue and getting frustrated by the "copy pasta" answer from Upwork representatives:

The correct format is not a standard format for phone numbers, so here is how you can convert your number to be valid in the phone number field:

Step 1:
Write out your full international phone number as you normally would with the "+" symbol or "00" (if you don't know your country's dialing code, you can find it at https://countrycode.org/)
e.g.

UK: +447922222222, DE 00491622222222, ES +43692222222, US +15552222222

Step 2:
Work out what your countries international code is
e.g. 

UK: +44, DE 0049, ES +43, US +1

Step 3:
Remove the "+" symbol or "00" and surround the numbers with brackets ()
e.g. 

UK: (44), DE (49), ES (43), US (1)

Step 4:
Add a space after the brackets and put in the rest of your phone number.
Using the examples above, you should end up with the following:

UK: (44) 7922222222, DE (49) 1622222222, ES (43) 692222222, US (1) 5552222222

IMPORTANT: Only your country code without "00" and without the "+" symbol should appear in the brackets "( )" AND the brackets must be followed by one single blank space " ".

Upwork Support Representatives:
A tip!
When you come across a question that is repeatedly asked, with the same "copy-paste" answer from the knowledgebase - but people are still not able to solve, it shows that the answer is either incomplete, inaccurate or not clear enough. Instead of just repeating the same thing over and over again hoping it would solve it, you should actively escalate the issue to whichever department is responsible for maintaining documentation.
To have 10 pages of the same user frustrations with the same answer from your team is frankly ridiculous. Feel free to copy my steps and answer above to be submitted for the documentation.

Upwork Development Team:

I doubt you will read this, but your configured regex is not in line with any international standards for validating phone numbers. This should be modified immediately. You are an international platform with access to some of the best developers across the world. Mistakes like this should not happen.

02d05224
Community Member

Hi, I'm from Philippines and I can't seem to add my phone number and I keep getting a format error. I've tried:

(+63) 9XXXXXXXXXX

(+63) 09XXXXXXXXXX

(+63) 639XXXXXXXXXX

(+63) +639XXXXXXXXXX

Hi Emmanuel,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths