🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Thanks
Page options
2e294a34
Community Member

Correct phone number format

Hi. Please help correctly enter the Russian phone number +7 ### ### ## ## in the field (###) ############

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mcadamous
Community Member

@Sergei M
Please change the post you marked as the solution, it is very confusing as its not actually the solution.

To anyone else experiencing this issue and getting frustrated by the "copy pasta" answer from Upwork representatives:

The correct format is not a standard format for phone numbers, so here is how you can convert your number to be valid in the phone number field:

Step 1:
Write out your full international phone number as you normally would with the "+" symbol or "00" (if you don't know your country's dialing code, you can find it at https://countrycode.org/)
e.g.

UK: +447922222222, DE 00491622222222, ES +43692222222, US +15552222222

Step 2:
Work out what your countries international code is
e.g. 

UK: +44, DE 0049, ES +43, US +1

Step 3:
Remove the "+" symbol or "00" and surround the numbers with brackets ()
e.g. 

UK: (44), DE (49), ES (43), US (1)

Step 4:
Add a space after the brackets and put in the rest of your phone number.
Using the examples above, you should end up with the following:

UK: (44) 7922222222, DE (49) 1622222222, ES (43) 692222222, US (1) 5552222222

IMPORTANT: Only your country code without "00" and without the "+" symbol should appear in the brackets "( )" AND the brackets must be followed by one single blank space " ".

Upwork Support Representatives:
A tip!
When you come across a question that is repeatedly asked, with the same "copy-paste" answer from the knowledgebase - but people are still not able to solve, it shows that the answer is either incomplete, inaccurate or not clear enough. Instead of just repeating the same thing over and over again hoping it would solve it, you should actively escalate the issue to whichever department is responsible for maintaining documentation.
To have 10 pages of the same user frustrations with the same answer from your team is frankly ridiculous. Feel free to copy my steps and answer above to be submitted for the documentation.

Upwork Development Team:

I doubt you will read this, but your configured regex is not in line with any international standards for validating phone numbers. This should be modified immediately. You are an international platform with access to some of the best developers across the world. Mistakes like this should not happen.

View solution in original post

141 REPLIES 141
JoanneP

Hi Sergei,

I checked, and it looks like you have already added your phone number successfully. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
2e294a34
Community Member

Hi Joanne, thanks for the answer. I can’t fill out the “Set up Payments: Wire Transfer“ form due to the incorrect entry of the phone number in the field that is highlighted in red (in the screenshot)

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The problem is resolved. Thanks.

Hi

I am a new user in this platform. I wanted to set up payment method but it seems phone format is not right. Can you please advise how to set up?

Example: 08066665555

Thank you 

Hi Abbosbek,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thank you so much sir... for this help

Hello and Good Day!

Can anybody help, I cant enter the correct format of Cp number.. 

Please see attached screenshot.

thanks

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christian,

Please try to add the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Great! Thank you so much!

For the Philippines and fellow Filipinos in Upwork, it's "(63) 10-digit mobile no" 😉

its not working on mine. 

Hi Geraldene,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

(63) 947*******

hi i tried this one but it doesn't work 😞 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rhein,

Please try to add the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am getting error in adding number while setting up payment. It is asking me in this format

Enter phone number in (###) ############ format.

My number is 03xx-44xxxx9

Hi Muhammad,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country area, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

~ Joanne
Upwork

thanks a lot

THANK YOU!

Hello,

This solution still doesn't work in the Set up Payments page when including the Philippine mobile phone number.

Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ruel,

Could you please share the format you`re using to add your phone number? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Still not working that is the format country code inside the bracket

Hi Michael,

Please add a space between the country area code and the phone number from your screenshot.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

upwork not taken my mobile number.please give me any update vidio.

Hi Nazrul,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks

Resolved now

Can't add with this format. I'm from PH.

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian Howell,

Could you please try adding the phone number in this format: "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code? Make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi my mobile is starts with 0945 and I am in the Philippines I tried the (63)945 but its not accepting it. 

Hi Jenifer,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

~ Joanne
Upwork

It's not working for me. i follow thw format you are refering to,

Please help (63)917XXXXXXX this is the format but still not working. =(

Hi. Put a space after the brackets

try (63) 917XXXXXXX with space after (63)

Hi Irish Julia,

Please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you so much this is big help

thanks

Resolved thank you

I cant enter my phone number either. See attached.

Fixed

Thanks

Hi Lisl,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths